how to change a cable on a refina mega mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if you ever had a cable go on a mega mixer mm21- mm22 or mm30 don't bother sending it off to refina or a repair shop its easy to do youself, take the handle apart then undo the cable by undoing the clamping bracket, then get a smaller screw driver and undo the 2 wires at the junction box then replace with appropriate cable keeping an eye that the cable do not interfere with the trigger switch, job done the whole process takes about 15 mins, better that being without your mixer for a few days.
I took the whole mixer apart once after being showed how to do it every single nut and bolt but i wouldent recommend that as i struggled to put it all back together, but the cable swap is so simple i thought i would show it it may save someone a bit of time and money :) View media item 24266

Sponsored Links
whats ronge with your mixer m8te thats not the mm30 you got off me is it dude

lol no thats my mm22, ive had to sort the cable on it twice, and i took pics of how it was b4 i took the cables out so i can put them back in if i 4got how the cables went, no way i was going to pay someone else to do it :D

lol no thats my mm22, ive had to sort the cable on it twice, and i took pics of how it was b4 i took the cables out so i can put them back in if i 4got how the cables went, no way i was going to pay someone else to do it :D

Steve, do you find the switch goes in that ?

Sponsored Links
lol no thats my mm22, i've had to sort the cable on it twice, and i took pics of how it was b4 i took the cables out so i can put them back in if i 4got how the cables went, no way i was going to pay someone else to do it :D

Steve, do you find the switch goes in that ?
do you mean the switch breaking? i haven't had a switch break yet but i've had all my cables go, the trick with the cables is how you wrap them after use be careful not to bend the cord, i've also had a whirring noise in the mm2 thats why i took it to peices had the gears out and everything very hard to put it back together, thats why i bought addicts off him i sold my spare 3 years ago and thought i should buy another just in case but touchwood my switches have been ok why have you had trouble with the switches?

Steve, yeah I've had one where it's had two new switches in four years or so. I've got a bosch thats about fifteen years old ,never replaced the switch.

My plunger needs a shot of elbow grease, though .

Hows that knee?

Steve, yeah I've had one where it's had two new switches in four years or so. I've got a bosch thats about fifteen years old ,never replaced the switch.

My plunger needs a shot of elbow grease, though .

Hows that knee?
i can understand why the switch would go as when you open the handle up its full of crap , as you can see, and that cant be doing the switch any good, if my switch ever did go i would try and replace it myself b4 getting it done by a pro, the thing is you can buy a good secondhand one at the same price or maybe just a bit more of the price, than they would charge you to fix it. take a look at this mich i bid on ebey and was expecting a last minute bidding war but no one else bid on it i won it for 99p an eibenstock the same as the mm22 i sold it to eldogereno for £150 it was a good mixer but it was 240v http://www.ukspreads.co.uk/uksforum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=252&sid=274c26c0d4fde5b3a3f172519ea4691f yes boches are good mixers i have 2 boche small drills with small paddles that i use when i am patching or only need to mix half a bag , and thanx 4 asking about my knee it was feeling ok till i done my small ceiling now i can feel it ache a bit, there gonna open the other one up soon and have a look why it gives way on me, the doc said that the knee was miss diagnosed and that i haven't got arthritis in it, well you could have fooled me, i have some numptey at the other end of the country looking at my x ray saying yes arthritis and the doc whos seen me in person saying no i haven't so im hoping when they do the keyhole it will explain everything a bit better :)

i can understand why the switch would go as when you open the handle up its full of crap

Have you considered, y'know, cleaning your power tools from time to time? ;)

I've lost count of the number of dead drills and mixers I've seen belonging to plasterers..

i can understand why the switch would go as when you open the handle up its full of crap

I've lost count of the number of dead drills and mixers I've seen belonging to plasterers..
its not practical to open your mixer up every day to give it a clean, if spreads started doing this without no clue to put them back together again you would see a lot more dead drills, also plasterers drills do not last as long as drills in other trades because of the dust, usage, and the work they do, which explains why you see more dead plasterers drills than drills in other trades

its not practical to open your mixer up every day to give it a clean, if spreads started doing this without no clue to put them back together again you would see a lot more dead drills, also plasterers drills do not last as long as drills in other trades because of the dust, usage, and the work they do, which explains why you see more dead plasterers drills than drills in other trades

Every month would be a lot better than they usually get! Hell, blast it out with a gas duster or a compressor from time to time, do it a world of good.

Not exactly a complex tool to take apart either..

well all depends on whos going to take it apart ,some people are not comfortable taking a £300-£400 mixer apart in case they mess it up there not exactly cheap, and if you have lost count of the number of spreads you have seen with dead drills then you must know a hell of a lot of plasterers or you cant count very high

well all depends on whos going to take it apart ,some people are not comfortable taking a £300-£400 mixer apart in case they mess it up there not exactly cheap, and if you have lost count of the number of spreads you have seen with dead drills then you must know a hell of a lot of plasterers or you cant count very high

I see a lot of plasterers and I don't exactly make a tally. When it gets more than five or six dead drills in a short period, you don't exactly make a list..

I've also never seen one with any sign of being cleaned in the last year..

I've also never seen one with any sign of being cleaned in the last year..
well you have now the mm22 on the left has been taken apart and serviced by me, the mm30 on the right i bought off my old m8 addict has been blasted clean and repainted View media item 24298 ;)

A plasterer will clean, oil , protect his skimming trowel. He will not allow anyone else to pick it up, never mind use it. He can NEVER buy a new skimming trowel, even though his skimming trowel was bought new for maybe 30-40 quid. But he won't clean out a £350 drill. Why? Maybe because if it breaks he can fix it, maybe because if it breaks he can buy a new one?

Or maybe because that's the way it is when you are a plasterer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back