How to change tap water flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water comes out too thin and I'd like to change it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• download (4).jpeg
    download (4).jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 145
Sponsored Links
It appears that the isolators are not fully open, Also if you can remove the flexies and pipe direct to the taps in 15mm copper that will help, and this will also give you purer water.(flexies harbour germs)

Sponsored Links
It appears that the isolators are not fully open
Which part do I untighten? I tried the silver part but it wouldn't budge.

Attachments

• _20181118_193708.JPG
    _20181118_193708.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
where the spout narrows at the end, that should unscrew. Is it all scaled up? you may need an adjustable

Which part do I untighten? I tried the silver part but it wouldn't budge.
look at the screwhead in the bottom off that picture it needs to be horizontal -------------- and its a bit ----\

look at the screwhead in the bottom off that picture it needs to be horizontal -------------- and its a bit ----\

But if you are going to undo the bottom nut make sure the little slot is vertical first!

But if you are going to undo the bottom nut make sure the little slot is vertical first!
i had assumed he was trying to open to maximum flow as is
but off course your comments are correct shut off before disconnecting

Which part do I untighten?
Before a flood is caused, these are what can be done:

This piece at the end of the tap highlighted in green can be unscrewed and either cleaned, or replaced with a new one.
flowed.jpg

If that doesn't do what you want, then the silver screws highlighted in yellow here should be turned with a screwdriver so that the slot is in line with the pipe:

valves.jpg

The third item is to replace the braided hoses with solid copper equivalents, which involves removing them from the fixed pipework circled in red, and also unscrewing them from the tap itself, which will mean removing the tap from the sink as well. There are several sizes of those available and it may mean alterations to the other pipes as well, so if unsure, do not attempt.

Do NOT undo the red circled items without turning the water off first, as doing so will cause a massive flood.
Water is turned off by turning the screws (yellow) so that the slot is across the pipes.

OP, what are you trying to do here, just change the shape of the water flow that comes out of the end of the tap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back