How to determine if an led light is 12w?

so the LED's use a total of 12W more which should not really cause the fuse to trip. What do you think? :LOL:

It'll most likely be the start-up surge from 36 power converters [in the lamps] causing the trip, not the constant load after that. There's a couple of solutions. One is to split the lamps into two sets and switch them on separately. The other involves a different type of MCB, but needs more technical investigation before attempting.

Sponsored Links
It'll most likely be the start-up surge from 36 power converters causing the trip, not the constant load after that. There's a couple of solutions. One is to split the lamps into two sets and switch them on separately. The other involves a different type of MCB, but needs more technical investigation before attempting.

I see, that must be why I can turn the lights on when I turn on the switch in the fuse box slowly. It will be very costly to split the lamps into to sets as that would require changing the wiring in the ceiling and since I only turn the lights on once a day I think I will put up with them unless there's some sort of danger, what do you think mate?

Sponsored Links
I think that in the long run you may damage the MCB, using it in that way. There are MCBs which may not trip, which could be used as a replacement, but you would need an electrician to make the measurements necessary to decide.

I wouldn't put up with MCBs tripping for too long!

As mentioned previously, you can likely replace the MCB (assuming to be a B type) with a C or D, but it depends what your EFLI is, and you'll need special test equipment for that.

Of course, if your supply type is TT, is really doesn't matter much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back