how to drain system to change the water pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a worcester junior 28i boiler and need to train the system to allow me to change the water pressure switch. As I understand it I need to drain from the red cap (left side bottom of boiler) and drain screw under pump. Is this correct and do I need to drain from anywhere else? The pressure switch is currently by passed with a piece of wire so at least boiler works for now

Sponsored Links
don't use the prv (red cap) the drain point beside the pump will be fine but be gentle when using it, it's not held on very securely.

Hi thanks for your help there...i was only asking as the plumber showed me several points but if i can get away with just draining from the bottom screw that makes life easy i'm assuming i will then need to bleed the pump post replacement of switch?

Sponsored Links
probably no need to bleed the pump, it will sort itself out, they usually do. no harm in giving it a go if it's noisy, just be careful again as the pump washers leak for fun on these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back