How To Fill Nail Holes on ‘Scandi’ White Oiled Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are renovating our guest room. I completed sanding the floors last night and I’m ready to treat the wood. I’m planning on using a Woca Lye to remove the colour and then a extra white oil to give a pale finish with some grain still showing through.

I tapped the nails below the surface before sanding the boards and need to fill the holes. I was wondering what to use to fill them and when to fill them. I was thinking of using a white epoxy wood filler and filling and sanding it back before I apply the lye. I appreciate the nail holes will show, but don’t want the white colour to be too stark compared to the finished wood. Will the oil colour the filler at all to take the edge off the whiteness? I’d appreciate any advice from anyone who has already done this. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Normally some sanding dust is mixed with glue or even varnish to make a filler
When I worked on stage we had beech dust and a powdered glue- You just mixed in a little water and off you went

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back