How to Fit a Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having issues mounting a handheld shower adaptor.

Essentially the threaded male water connector for the handheld shower is not as long as that of the fixed shower (see photo below - the handheld shower adaptor is the shorter thread).

X

This means that I do not have enough thread to connect this to the supply once the tiles are in place - I do not have enough thread to fully secure the fitting. See second photo. When screwed on the thread is not tight and the joint leaks even with PTFE.

X

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this through the tiles?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes we have full access from behind as its a stud wall lined under the tiles with backerboard. The back of the stud wall is in the boiler cupboard and its exposed - in case of future access issues but it seems its handy already.

I'd considered the rad extension... I'll try some short ones?

I'm gonna look whether screw station or tool fix sell them???

You may need to carefully chip away at the hole in the tile to make room for the diameter of the extension(s).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back