How to Plumb a new tile rail / radiator for idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Bridlore, thats fooking nice.......................................NOT

You actually think a customer, a paying one is going to fri ggen accept that in their bathroom?!

Really???????

Handbags down gents.

My missus is absolutely fine in our £400k squat thanks.

Im sure you are all more than frustrated at the advancement in plumbing technology. A few years ago your job was a real tough trade to be respected.

Speedfit etc must be the pain of your life, just dont blame me for technology.

Take a look at this part, it is designed SPECIFICALLY for closed loop heating systems.

http://buyplumbingonline.co.uk/products/Self-Cutting-Drain-Valve-15mm-MT-Cock.html

Trade plumbers 'bigging' it up on this site. Why do plumb merchants sell such 'dangerous' stuff if my boiler is going to explode ?

Times are a changing.

please refer to the title 'for idiots'

Im sure your way is just brilliant, I'm just on a DIY forum trying to help "diy"ers. Geeees.

Sponsored Links
Speed fit has serious problems. Those flexible hoses will leak within a few years

It has its place ill agree as do flexible hoses. Where you can see them do not fall into this.

Your boiler won't explode but the small piece of metal could easily get jammed in a pump or diverter valve (boiler dependant)

I feel for you, you obviously have had negative experience of plumbers/heating engineers in your life. Not all of us are cowboys who will spend 2hours bleeding rads etc.

I would expect the whole job would take about that depending on how far away the pipes are. Yes that would have cost more than your way but with good reason.

whatever.

even a DIY'er can drain down and do it properly with a reasonable chance of success.

Here on this forum, the trades do actually like to give proper advice and hope that things are done properly.

The purpose of a DIY forum is not at all to give your best bodge advice.

that is all.

If you have no pride in doing a job properly, be my guest and use this **** method. I think I'll do the job properly for my customers though as they have far higher standards than you obviously do

Say you did this 4 months ago but only just decided to share your wisdom of idiots plumbing ?
Took you that long to bleed the radiators did it ?

If you have no pride in doing a job properly, be my guest and use this s**t method. I think I'll do the job properly for my customers though as they have far higher standards than you obviously do

'customer' is back i see.

Look Im going to stop now.

OF COURSE you plumbers are going to do a far better job than me. Im a DIYer on a DIY forum. You did it cheaper as well. I wish all I needed was 2 copper T's and some solder. Respect to you all.

Where you all have to get off the bus is if you are a 'DIY'er (on a 'DIY' forum) then recent advances in technology mean that the DIY'er now has these options open to them.

Im sure you all find plastic pipes and push fit connections foul at least but stop the total unfounded rubbish about it not working or failing 'in a few months or years'. Modern plastic is far more reliable than copper. Plastic joints have a half life of 1000 years, copper 50 years. Speedfit exacts to all british and indeed worldwide standards, someone show me a building reg banning plastic and push fit ?

Some one show me ANY evidence (not including polybutylene from the 1970's) that plastic or 'push fit' is any less reliable than copper ?? There is non is there, just old wives tales.

Technology rolls on and waits for no tradesman. FACT.

i think what I was getting at was exposed push fit... you never ever mentioned it was under the floor. you never paused to clarify when you started ranting..

so now you are banging on about not a lot. we have established you are a ****ty DIY'er and if you have such a nice house and not willing to spend a bean on a proper trademen... tight as fook.

We are still waiting for a picture of your masterpiece.

In your 400K house there must be at least one digital device capable of taking a picture! Or is this 400K house one provided by the taxpayer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back