How to Plumb a new tile rail / radiator for idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Should f***in think so, that's a tap connector. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

I know, and you know that. The customer has known the installer for about 40 years (RGI now retired) and in his opinion could do no wrong - even when I expessed concern about that fitting. Customer who paid me called in the insurance, and they promptly told him what I had told him.

Customer has sent me a letter asking for a discount now, as my charges were too high apparently - funny that.... he had no problem in calling me in at 4.30 am when water was coming through the ceiling, thinking his insurance would cover him. I had to get him to agree all terms before I attended. If not, Id rather he had got someone else. He was fine with that, and now he's all fixed up he wants a refund.

Erm.... no.

Some one show me ANY evidence (not including polybutylene from the 1970's) that plastic or 'push fit' is any less reliable than copper ?? There is non is there, just old wives tales.

Lasted 12 days

As for 1000 years the orings have an expected life of 25 years on clean cold water. On a heating system either dirt or containing chemicals this will be considerably reduced. I'm not trying to scare you I speak from experience

I had to remove one of then over christmas that had split exactly like your pic. Insurance wont pay the home-owner as its an 'un-approved fitting for a central heating system' apparently. I re-piped in cu.

Kev/eaton had the same aswell

I wonder if this guy works for John guest he seems very fond of them

Sponsored Links
We'll not mention the piece of copper that is cut out of the pipe and is now
flying towards the pump or block some pipe somewhere. Not to mention
that under any real pressure this is going to leak.

:evil:

No doubt plumbers are going to hate this method.
The copper remains connected to the exiting pipe.

Both parts are guaranteed to 18 Bar. What do you suggest 'real pressure' is ?

18 bar right. More like 1.8 bar.

Sorry. There is no point in making a response to the OP. It is obvious he is so utterly ********ed that it would be a waste of my bandwidth.

As PDVM said.

NOA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back