How to Plumb a new tile rail / radiator for idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic joints have a half life of 1000 years,

Fook me are they radioactive as well as cr*p.

half life - 'exponential decay of any kind '.

nothing specifically to do with radioactivity TY

Sorry no pics - I tiled over it 4 months ago with some lovely limestone tiles.

I simply using the pressure dial on my heating system and the fact the boiler has not exploded to calculate that nothing is wrong.

I havent ranted, I havent slagged off plumbers (except in reply), I haven't accused you of being a batty boy or insulted your wife,I havent accused you of living in a squat, sorry I didn't mention that radiator my connections are made under floorboards, my mistake.

All I have done is suggested to a beginner 'DIY'er who I myself described in the title a plumbing 'idiot' that technology now offers a way to do a job previously beyond my ability level, and this technology is sold over the counter in all good plumbers merchants.

If the technology is flawed then someone please bring the proof forward, without that please dont post anymore abuse.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
the rubber orings wont last 1000years, actually will be surprised if they last 50 years. Properly soldered copper will outlast pushfit systems, due to the jointing method not the pipe. Your just showing your lack of knowledge on the subject. What you've done is a bodge, one which works and will probably work for a while. However you've introduced multiple points of failure(cr4p iso valves, rubber sealing ring and rubber seating ring in the self cutting valves, washer and oring in the flexi, not to mention flexis dont hold up well in heating systems, then more orings in plastic pipe) as well as balancing issues and introducing foreign matter into the heating system. Chances are you may get away with this 4 times out of 5 at least for 8-10yrs or so, but if you repeated this exercise on a dozen jobs you will get problems at least with in the first 5 yrs with a few. As professionals we want to make sure that every job is done so that it lasts as long as possible with the least amount of problems as possible, this takes longer, takes skill and will be charged for accordingly. Luckily 99.9% of the population are not as close minded as you about things that they, and clearly you know very little about and have no/little experience.

My missus is absolutely fine in our £400k squat thanks.

Yeah, keep going. It will soon be worth £200K with all your 'improvements'. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you came on here, belittled tradesmen, lashed up your new towel rad and naively fitted iso. valves to a ch system. Then advocated others do the same, as if a shonky, botch-up is something to be proud of, or to aspire to.

Didn't anyone tell you that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses? Hope you don't need to sell in a hurry one day. :LOL:

I,m at a loss, never heard of a tile rail, never mind trying to plumb one in.

Are they a new form of underfloor heating just for tiles, wish I was clever.

Sponsored Links
All I have done is suggested to a beginner 'DIY'er who I myself described in the title a plumbing 'idiot' that technology now offers a way to do a job previously beyond my ability level, and this technology is sold over the counter in all good plumbers merchants.

Fair do's your title was correct, i.e. your method is for 'idiots'.

Mickyg were looking for facts now.

These parts are all sold in reputable plumbers merchants, and are all compliant with all building regs.

As you say you guys are all far more knowledgable than me so flex your expertise and deliver some facts / proof

facts please. TY

Some one show me ANY evidence (not including polybutylene from the 1970's) that plastic or 'push fit' is any less reliable than copper ?? There is non is there, just old wives tales.

5205C650-F761-40B2-95FA-A697839338AF-30126-000046EB560D421B.jpg

Lasted 12 days

As for 1000 years the orings have an expected life of 25 years on clean cold water. On a heating system either dirt or containing chemicals this will be considerably reduced. I'm not trying to scare you I speak from experience

gasservice1985 thats shocking I agree

...but 1000's of copper pipes / joints burst over the last few weeks.

Surely there is a report or some studies showing that plastic / push fit / self tapping is sub standard.

All this hate, surely some research

Im not dissing your methods for one minute, I've said previously respect to your skills.

DIY is a hobby of mine thats all, not because Im poor or tight, Im just asking for evidence why I should dig up my bathroom floor and redo what looks to me like a perfectly good job using the most modern of technology (no speedfit btw)

lets keep it calm for all the diyers out there who spend millions on push fit a year

If you've got a 400k house then why can't you just pay a local plumber to do it?
also I wouldn't spend any hours bleeding the radiators because I carry pipe freezing equipment on my van anyways.

Alex

Mickyg were looking for facts now.

These parts are all sold in reputable plumbers merchants, and are all compliant with all building regs.

As you say you guys are all far more knowledgable than me so flex your expertise and deliver some facts / proof

facts please. TY

my plumbers merchant sells rad valves that dont comply with the BS for rad valves. They sold loads of ideal isars and icos's which are universally recognised as sh1te. They still sell ferollis. They also sell a bunch of chemicals which are totally pointless....but if you read the information you would think all this stuff is great and just what you need, as you seem to have done with the junk you've attached to your heating system. Our "proof" is experience. Experience, of failed orings in combis and pipework alike. Experience of failed grab rings, split plastics, leaking iso ballofix iso valves(lost count of how many ive replaced). Experience you don't have, but no i dont have proof, i dont document all the tat i replace, i just do the job, get paid and go home.

Some one show me ANY evidence (not including polybutylene from the 1970's) that plastic or 'push fit' is any less reliable than copper ?? There is non is there, just old wives tales.

5205C650-F761-40B2-95FA-A697839338AF-30126-000046EB560D421B.jpg

Lasted 12 days

As for 1000 years the orings have an expected life of 25 years on clean cold water. On a heating system either dirt or containing chemicals this will be considerably reduced. I'm not trying to scare you I speak from experience

I had to remove one of then over christmas that had split exactly like your pic. Insurance wont pay the home-owner as its an 'un-approved fitting for a central heating system' apparently. I re-piped in cu.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back