How to prepare a detailed quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - My son is at college doing his BS Level 2 (BS = Building Services), he's been as to prepare a DETAILED quote for a plumbing / electrical job including a breakdown of all fixtures, fittings and appliances. Scenario. A property developer has contacted your plumbing company and is gathering quotes for a derelict 3 bedroom house, with two en-suite bedrooms and a main bathroom, they have bought. first of al they want to re new, the incoming cold water main throughout the house from lead to copper and replace the main bathroom suite. they also want you to replace all sockets and lights switches in the house and check the associated wiring. Details. The incoming main is currently located in a cupboard, under the stairs and the customer would like to re locate it, to under the kitchen sink (which needs replacing) the customer requires a detailed breakdown of all your services and prices in a professional manner. The only bathroom specification is a mid-range bath, basin, toilet and shower cubicle and electric shower, including all taps wastes etc.. the incoming main must be hidden from view throughout the house. All sockets muck be surface mounted and double. light switches must be sunken and white, there are 20 sockets and 12 lights switches.
He needs to provide a detailed quote of all the prices including labour. an opening statement of all the qualification you and his company have. (he will also need to state what qualifications he think will be required for this particular job) A good assignment and one he will learn from, my only concern is nothing in the above has been cover on the course so far, can anyone offer any advise on how he would estimate the amount of wiring, pipe work and associated parts would been needed, and what a fair rate of labour would be to use? I think they would need 17th edition for the electrician and corgi registered for the gas can anyone confirm or correct me on this? He's got till Tuesday so if anyone has any professional advise they could offer it would be very much appropriated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I can make a start...

Gas safe for gas now, not corgi. Look up plumbing quals required...

Electrical, 17th edition part p minimum, registered to niceic or similar... Preferably with c&g2330, then c&g2391 test and inspect.

Me thinks this could be a buy to let landlord trying to get an easy quote.???

The 'son' needs to be doing his own homework or otherwise he will be a cowboy on the tools not knowing what to do.

Sorry Cracker just my thoughts.

Andy

Sponsored Links
If its not been covered on the course yet why have the entire class not raised this as an issue , how can they be expected to work out length of time it will take also are they to use a made up hourly /daily labour costs .
Also price of materials and cost of each individual fitting etc etc in such a short time .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back