How to repair pond pump cable?

The stuffing gland concern is still there (as the Greenbrook joint has them) - the worry was not about gripping the cable, it was whether it would form a watertight seal on a small cable like wot the OP has.

Sponsored Links
I once had a job to extend some internal flex cables under a unit once, I made similar things using, 2 flex glands 2 plastic threaded adapters, a short bit of 20mm plastic pipe and some solvent weld,
I used red thro crimps pushed them inside then tightened the gland

Get yourself a tub of "plastidip" off eBay. It's a sort of liquid rubber in solvent, often used to give a rubberised handle to metal tools e.g. Pliers; you dip the handle in the tube then withdraw it slowly, the slower you draw the thicker it applies, let dry then presto. Did a few wiring loom waterproofing jobs with it years ago (heated hand grips on the bike) and it's still a good solid block of waterproof rubbery stuff.

Solder and heat shrink your cable cores then plastidip it a few times ensuring the dip coats every core and onto the outer sheath either side of the joint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back