how to replace diaphragm on potterton performa 24 combi

You could but there must be a spares place not far from you !!

Do a search on google ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not if the diverter is faulty !!

Why not play safe and replace the diverter ?

No its easier as your removing it anyway if you just change the diaphragm plus you gotta strip the diverter where as if you just chage the unit then its a straight swap ..

Heavens to betsy and back again, you could have changed the diaphragm in the time it takes to read this thead!

The diaphragm operates the diverter which operates the switch, see?

Heavens to betsy and back again, you could have changed the diaphragm in the time it takes to read this thead!

The diaphragm operates the diverter which operates the switch, see?

so if it's only purpose is to operate the switch why do i not get hw when i operate the microswitch myself (by pushing it manually and thus firing up the burner) ?!

As chris says you could have changed diaphragm in time it has took to read this thread , by moving switch manually it oproves everything else is working but no you wont get HW cause the insides are not moving as they should. turn water off under boiler open hot tap 6 screws ONE PIPE at top strip out replace including gland nut that comes with diaphragm kit 10 mins max.

Thanks everyone i wil give it a go.

Namsag and Chris, pls remember that we are not all "experts" at this, which is why we use this (excellent) forum in the first place. What may take you ten minutes will take us amateurs a lot longer, so it's important to understand what's going on before jumping in and potentially cocking it all up!

Anyway, your help is much appreciated. Cheers!

When .you have it stripped give both pins a clean with wire wool to clean tiny bit of scale on them then grease with silicone provided in kit.

Just do it early in the day and if you get stuck the Chris or I can visit to sort you out in the afternoon!

Its a long job for a DIYer but a short one for a professional.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back