How to setup camera on the front door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a house in 2014 with a camera beside the front door. I have never looked into how this works (up to now).

Next to my TV in the living room; I see this the panel shown in the first photo. Note there are three ports that are not used i.e. SAT (I have a satellite but don't use it; FM and the port hanging at the bottom).

I believe (I could be wrong) the port hanging at the bottom is for the camera. Therefore I believe (I could be wrong) that I need a cable that has HDMI at one end (for the TV) and the connector shown in the second screenshot)at the other end.

What type of cable do I need that has HDMI on one end and the connector show in the second screenshot on the other end? I have tried all the cables I have and none will connect to the connector shown in the second screenshot. Also, is this connector likely to be for the camera on the front door? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20191110_211107.jpg
    20191110_211107.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 206
  • 20191110_211113.jpg
    20191110_211113.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 208
Sponsored Links
That is a coax you can’t simply convert that to HDMI. Also the camera needs to be powered if it runs there at all where is the power? Need to look at the camera and what is connected to it to work it out really.

It's probably a 1v peak to peak signal, usually intended for a monitor. Your TV would need to be able to cope with an A/V signal input a yellow phone socket (I think).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back