Security camera cable issue ...

Reaction score
Country
Nicaragua
Hello,
In the process of having a home built (in a Central American country) - purchased a Swann Security camera kit - older model that comes 12 cameras with pre-made security camera cables. The cable has a BNC and a power connector at each end. On two of the runs the contractor pulling the cables pulled off the connectors - one at each end - still trying to validate whether it is two different cables or the same cable. I have 9 of the 12 cameras functioning. Upon searching online - seeing mixed results - is it feasibly possible to reconnect the end connectors and/or is the degradation in quality not worth the effort?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
pre made swann cables are usually poor get some quality solid copper RG59 shotgun and connectors

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned - i'm in a Central American country - access to high quality cables is slim and none or at best extremely expensive. So from you're response - i'm guessing my best option is to pull new cables.

If you look at swann on here, you will see the feedback isnt fantastic, no idea of prices, personally you have to do what best suits you. the advice is still the same.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - appreciate the advice. The options here are limited - this particular system is pretty decent for the cost - by no means top-of-the-line but functional for our needs. I've only been able to find one CCTV store in the entire country - and checked it out the other day .... interestingly one half of the store is CCTV gear and the other half is a sex shop. LOL The only cables they have are the pre-made type .... will try to re-run the one's with broken connectors.

hmmm adds a new dimension to asking for a vibration sensor I guess.

That is the main thing it does the job you want from it.

Given the cost of parts import maybe be a consideration, but cable would be heavy, price wise may fall under the cost for importing, but no idea if that is feasible in any way shape or form.

crack on with whats available I guess for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back