Nitedevil cameras with built-in balun - need some help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

Do any of you have any experience with the NiteDevil cameras that have a built-in balun, specifically the SEE220 model?

We have just purchased some new cameras to extend coverage of our CCTV system at work and had our site electricians install them. They have wired them in CAT6 cable under my instructions using two pairs for power and one for signal using the internal balun, all good so far....the cameras are powered up and working which was confirmed when each was aligned and focussed using a little handheld screen at each camera location.

Now I have come to connect up the DVR end and fitted a balun to the ends of the CAT6 and I'm getting no picture, i have been to a few cameras to confirm the internal CAT6 wiring is correct, all good there. The only way i can get an image us using the BNC output on the camera with a external balun installed on the CAT6 pairs, this works fine and rules out an issue with the cabling so its pointing to an issue with the internal balun. One camera i could understand being faulty but all 11 is a bit strange!

I have emailed NiteDevil and waiting to hear back from them, we purchased them direct so don't have an installer to go back to as we have a tech team in house (myself included) that looks after all this kinda stuff. This is the first time we have had cameras with internal baluns though so if anyone has any experience with them and can offer some advice i would be really grateful.

The baluns i am using at the DVR end are ZENDit BAL106 and these are listed on the official NiteDevil instructions as being compatible with the SEE220 camera although I'm thinking they might not be?

Thanks in advance guys and if you need any further info or pics (i know you like pics) please let me know.

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Do you have a standard or TVI dvr ? What dvr are you using ? As the SEE220 is a TVI camera with a composite ouput aswell , the balun is TVI ONLY ...That's probably why it's not working...

Last edited:
Ah think you might have hit the nail on the head mate. The DVR is a QVIS HYB-PRODC-32 and looking at the specs i don't think it will support a TVI input. I'm guessing my only solution is to fit an external balun at the camera end using the bnc/composite out then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back