Slow loading camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have this issue on my home cameras. Its a hikvision system, NVR, 4MP cameras.

Cameras are to a switch in the loft and then to a tp-link powerline.

Also the door camera is to a switch and another tp link powerline.

They all come back to a double port tp link powerline receiver and then patch lead to to nvr lan and channel 1. NVR is played on kitchen monitor.

My issue is the door camera takes a good few seconds to load up when clicked or another camera is clicked. I have seen this issue before on other people's systems sometimes. Wondering what it could be. The other cameras are seamless. (Door camera is a modular intercom, but I have seen this issue on other peoples system with normal cameras).

Video here:

I hope someone can help?

Sponsored Links
Without knowing specifics for each camera I suspect its a resource issue.

so if live view you swapped the cameras round do they load differently.
what are the live view settings?

Thank you,

Net received idle bandwidth is: 27mbps

3 x 4mp cameras are set in record - parameters to:

Main stream (cont) & event
Res: 3072*2048
Bit rate type: Variable
Vid quality: highest
Frame rate: 18fps
Max Bitrate mode: general
Max bitrate kbps: 3072
Video encoding H.265

Intercom camera is:

Main stream (cont) & event
Res: 1280**720 (hd720p)
Bit rate type: Variable
Vid quality: medium
Frame rate: 25fps
Max Bitrate mode: general
Max bitrate kbps: 2048
Video encoding H.264

I have tried altering some of these settings due doesnt seem to make any difference? Is there somewhere else I should be changing something do you think?

Cheers

Also, changed the live view placing. Still only that camera that lags to load.

Sponsored Links
Your resolutions don't suggest 4MP cameras either 3000 x 2000 = 6MP. 4MP are around 2400 by 1600 pixels.

The lowest resolution camera on the system is the one that's the last to load, given your different routes does it improve if you change the route and what tp link units are you using.

[QUOTE="secureiam, post: 4778244, member:

The lowest resolution camera on the system is the one that's the last to load, given your different routes does it improve if you change the route and what tp link units are you using.[/QUOTE]

I used av600 tp link powerlines...
But when I unplugged the other cameras I then sent the door camera via an AV1000.

I will make a cable long enough to go direct through my house to the NVR and see if the problem persists I guess?

The other question is the sub stream as the live view by default is usually the sub stream rather than the main stream.

I don't follow what you did with the cameras and the AV600 and AV1000 units.

If that door camera is the one shown as 720p, than changing the tplinks from 600 to 1000 will not make any difference. Neither will reach their theoretical speed due to loss and noise on the mains, but they should both still be capable of carrying that relatively slow signal.

Your suggestion of testing with a long cable is the right way to go.

it shouldn't but it could be an issue with the plugs, or the cable.

doing some testing back here and the only way i have introduced lag is using live view full resolution rather than sub stream.

The firmware of the plugs could be an issue, so you can check they are uptodate, although they should be compatible, without issue, although different models have different limits????

Thank you both. I will have a play and report back if I can solve or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back