How to size an inline fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to size a inline fan.
I have a log burning stove in the lounge, the room at the back of the house is cold. I want to use 100mm insulated ducting and vent some of the hot air into the other room.

How do i size the fan, if its to big it will remove to much of the hot air, to small iit wont do anything.

The ducting will be around 10m long.

Sponsored Links
how is it getting to the other room and at what height are you planning to place the input end

The fan won't interfere with the extraction of combustion fumes from the burner will it?

How do i size the fan, if its to big it will remove to much of the hot air, to small iit wont do anything.

That can be controlled by switching it off. You could do this manually or by thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Before you put any extract fan into a room containing a fuel-burning appliance seek the advice of a qualified H&V engineer.

The death penalty is still in force for getting things like that wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back