How to tidy this job up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed a flood light cam which was a nightmare as i had pebble dashing in one area, then directly below I have a concrete lintel

After install, some of the 1mm cable is exposed and I was wondering on the best way to tidy this up? So that no cable is exposed

Ideally i would like to avoid having to drill into the lintel

Attachments

• IMG_20210206_114154002~2.jpg
    IMG_20210206_114154002~2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 214
Sponsored Links
The BEST way is to start again, and re-drill the hole for the cable at the correct angle so there is no cable or anything on show.

Put a 4 x 4 box totally on the lintel back entry cable, mount the fitting directly above it totally on the pebbledash, light straddled half and half will look crap.
Suppose you could space the bottom off the lintel

Alternatively chase up a bit and put light over it totally on pebbledash, fill lintel a bit and paint

Sponsored Links
Could you not have mounted the unit, directly over the top of the cable?
Impossible

Surface was uneven.. And home owner didn't want me removing their pebble dashing to install it

Put a 4 x 4 box totally on the lintel back entry cable, mount the fitting directly above it totally on the pebbledash, light straddled half and half will look crap.
Suppose you could space the bottom off the lintel

Alternatively chase up a bit and put light over it totally on pebbledash, fill lintel a bit and paint
Sounds like a lot of work :D

Thanks for the comment

Impossible

Surface was uneven.. And home owner didn't want me removing their pebble dashing to install it

You could have made it even/level. It looks just 'tacked on', with the gap below, between underside of unit and the lintel. Even a bit of outdoor filler would have tidied it up.

Just a tap with a hammer on the most lumpy bits of pebbledash usually gets a flat enough surface to fix something to - not need to remove sections of pebbledash.

If the unit is not waterproof then mounting it on any uneven surface will increase the chance of water penetration. Also, as said, mounting on a flat surface looks better than a cock-eyed effort.

I have some thing similar, my intention is to use a junction box where cable comes out so I can then use round cable which better seals in my case to flood lights, and will fill the junction box with petroleum jelly so easy to work on again in the future.

The debate I am having is control of lights, considering sonoff units, as car parked too far from lights for a PIR to detect my arrival, and trees tend to switch on PIR too.

However where my lights are also needs some building work, so not doing anything until building work has been agreed and it will link in with the work.

But twin and earth is not out door cable so needs hiding from UV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back