How to wire a Pull Switch

Sponsored Links
No, I am obviously doing what I have done before, and will continue to do until my dying day, which is to object to people being supported in their belief that it's perfectly OK for them not to bother to do things properly because they can just leave it for others to finish the job for them.

No, I am obviously doing what I have done before, and will continue to do until my dying day, which is to object to people being supported in their belief that it's perfectly OK for them not to bother to do things properly because they can just leave it for others to finish the job for them.

I think maybe you should get a life, :evil: the reason I came on here to ask is so that it can be done properly, as for not being bothered, why would I ask in the first place.

Thank god there decent helpful people on here like John and securesparks to guide others, as this is why these forums exist.
:rolleyes: rant over thanks to all that helped

Sponsored Links
I think maybe you should get a life, :evil: the reason I came on here to ask is so that it can be done properly, as for not being bothered, why would I ask in the first place.
Years of experience suggest that his 'getting a life' is unlikely to ever happen - he seems very content with the life he is living. Do you realise that the thing he was moaning about your 'not being bothered to do properly' in that quote was posting pictures in this forum?!

Kind Regards, John

Surprises me noones mentioned the polarity of the lampholder which looks possibly ses

Surprises me noones mentioned the polarity of the lampholder which looks possibly ses
Valid point - although I somewhat doubt that the OP would have the means (other than by dismantling the lampholder) of confirming (or otherwise!) that our assumption/guess about the polarity of the black/white is correct.

Kind Regards, John

Hi John ... This is everything in the box, except for the shade, hope you can help now.
It would be easier/neater if you have got, or can get, a 4-segment connector block. Alternatively, you could use a separate 1-segment bit for the earth. Something like ....

Kind Regards, John

Hi John

I have found these details on another forum, more by luck. Do these help and does you suggested wiring still stand correct to you.

Regards

ray

It does not help when the instruction direct you to wrap the connection in insulation tape!

The instruction are very vague and not much help.
But seems to confirm white is neutral and black is line.

By the way you never answered me questions regarding the power source

Sorry if I didn't explain it properly, I attaching it to a wall plug.
Do you mean a flexed plug and socket arrangement or are you connecting directly to a socket outlet?

In each case you will have to select a suitable sized fuse to protect the flex/cable. This may mean popping a 3A fuse in a plug or could mean fitting a 3A fused connection unit (assuming the socket is not of a lighting circuit).
Also if you have buried any cables in walls, they will need to be routed in the safe zones or mechanically protected, there will also be RCD protection to consider.

Sorry , yes to a flex plug.

Valid point - although I somewhat doubt that the OP would have the means (other than by dismantling the lampholder) of confirming (or otherwise!) that our assumption/guess about the polarity of the black/white is correct.

Kind Regards, John

But could that be in the Instructions, which he seems reluctant to post.

Afaik the latest reg 553-03-04 regarding edison screw holder polarity reads different now, whereass before it was only regarding older non BS ones, not sure if it concerns SMALL ES ones nowadays

would appreciate your interpration of it please :)

Kind Regards, John

But could that be in the Instructions, which he seems reluctant to post.

Afaik the latest reg 553-03-04 regarding edison screw holder polarity reads different now, whereass before it was only regarding older non BS ones, not sure if it concerns SMALL ES ones nowadays

would appreciate your interpration of it please :)

I have posted them :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back