How to wire a Pull Switch

Hi John ... I have found these details on another forum, more by luck. Do these help and does you suggested wiring still stand correct to you.
Those instructions are essentially useless, so I stick with my previous suggestion!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Afaik the latest reg 553-03-04 regarding edison screw holder polarity reads different now, whereass before it was only regarding older non BS ones, not sure if it concerns SMALL ES ones nowadays ... would appreciate your interpration of it please :)
If I knew what regulation you were talking about, I might possibly be in a position to comment! If you're talking about BS7671, 553 only goes up to 553.2.2 in both BGB and BYB.

Kind Regards, John

Afaik the latest reg 553-03-04 regarding edison screw holder polarity reads different now, whereass before it was only regarding older non BS ones, not sure if it concerns SMALL ES ones nowadays ... would appreciate your interpration of it please :)
If I knew what regulation you were talking about, I might possibly be in a position to comment! If you're talking about BS7671, 553 only goes up to 553.2.2 in both BGB and BYB.
It is the 16th edition -
That's what I guessed from the format of the reg number, but I was a bit thrown by rocky's reference to the 'latest' reg :)
Now 559.5.1.206.
Right. Thanks. ... So, as for rocky's question, and guessing that BS EN 60238 relates to 'safety' type E14/E27 lampholders, the reg seems clear enough in saying that it applies to "every [other than BS EN 60238] Edison screw ... type lampholder", isn't it?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sorry john, I got my OLD red book mixed with my NEWER red book, Hence the numbers, for a minute I thought they had dropped the EN 60238 ref
Sorry all :)

Sorry john, I got my OLD red book mixed with my NEWER red book, Hence the numbers, for a minute I thought they had dropped the EN 60238 ref ... Sorry all :)
Ah, I see! No, not dropped, but added! Since it had no crystal ball, the old red book (1992) presumably was unable to mention BS EN 60238:2004 :) (but it's still in the {new!!} green and yellow ones!)

Kind Regards, John

isn't it?
I knew it! You're from Wales!
Not that I'm aware of :) In fact, in my haste I got it grammatically wrong, anyway! Had I written "... the reg is clear enough ...", then ending the question with "... isn't it?" would have been correct. However, since what I actually wrote was "... the reg seems clear enough ...", I should have ended the question with "... doesn't it?" !!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back