How To Wire Drayton Wiser 1-Channel Smart Hub to Ideal Logic Max Combi C35 using OpenTherm

Needs the L&N to power the hub (already in place) and for OP's benefit either the 1&3 terminals (relay switching) or 2-core to the Opentherm module - no need for both AFAIK. Make sure the Opentherm cable is not connected to 230V on either end, or you'll let the magic smoke out.

The 2-core Opentherm cable needs to be connected as shown on Page 32 in this Install/Service manual:

Note the Link Wire on the 230V side of the boiler, which might have been removed if it was setup for a timer.
I needed this ⬆️ information. I had suspected that only one of the control cables was needed (opentherm or relay switching). What difference does it make if both are connected?

I have seen a YouTube video of this where the relay switching wasn’t used. Someone asked why that was the case but unfortunately an answer was not given.

Sorry for butting in but this is the only thread that I have found that answers my Wiser Kit 1 to Ideal Logic wiring issue.

Sponsored Links
I needed this ⬆️ information. I had suspected that only one of the control cables was needed (opentherm or relay switching). What difference does it make if both are connected?

I have seen a YouTube video of this where the relay switching wasn’t used. Someone asked why that was the case but unfortunately an answer was not given.

Sorry for butting in but this is the only thread that I have found that answers my Wiser Kit 1 to Ideal Logic wiring issue.
note the op had a 2 channel Wiser Hub, so be careful with any wiring you see in the pictures

Sponsored Links
Opentherm on the 2 channel Wiser hub does function (as in it sends data rather than just making a circuit) BUT the Opentherm module only responds to events on Channel 1 and DHW on the Hub. (So if you have a zoned system with Smart TRVs etc mapped to Channel 2 any calls for heat from them do not translate into boiler firing).
My boiler (Intergas Rapid) will respond to either signalling method, others may require links to be set/reset. Very handy that the Intergas connection block is not in the sealed part of the boiler).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back