How wrong is this

Sponsored Links
I think you might be confusing "no local isolation required" with "no requirement for local isolators to switch the neutral".

The need for isolation is well-established: I don't have my 16th to hand, but in the 15th, it was section 460 & 461.

This guy who was teaching.
Not the same fellah that stated Part P came about because a ministers daughter was electrocuted perhaps?

Sponsored Links
I reckon what with the other potential problems, and to ease my mind, a full replacement CU is going to be easier. The metalclad CU is equipped with old push button MCB's. Looking at the costs of a 45 amp RCBO (if one can be obtained for this model CU) and with a fully loaded 12 way split load for sale from screwfix at under £70 I think it may be time for an upgrade. Thanks for the advice though we'll err on the side of caution.

securespark said:
The need for isolation is well-established: I don't have my 16th to hand, but in the 15th, it was section 460 & 461.

Yes but it doesn't have to be local.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back