How's business

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been talking around our industry (air con & fridge) that the trade is quiet -loads of reps cluttering up the place killing time chasing silly small quotes etc..We're okayish and I would like to see it improve 30-50% but that's as much historical as present work.

So in general how's business?

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
Speaking for myself, one man band, plumbing and some heating it's really quiet and has been for most of the year but some of the guys who visit here are mowed out. Depends what you do and where you are I suppose.

Have mates in the fridge/aircon industry some quietish some mowed out.
Myself gas/pluming, had a quiet spell Aug/Sept now booked mid Nov :eek:

Blame it on the weather myself :rolleyes: ;)

We're not complaining! (Retail: Supply & install natural wooden flooring, for hose who didn't know that already).
Since the schools have started again it's gone back from a bit quiet (July - August) to busy! On average this year is treating us very well.

(But we know December will hardly be anything, thoughts and money will be on Christmas for most clients)

Sponsored Links
As just replied in another post, had the busiest year yet and now having to do 7 days a week and evenings to keep up :eek:

same here, busiest year yet, booked well into next year, which for the landscaping business is good over winter. Taking on another guy after christmas. Having said that from talking to suppliers there seems to be a real split of those that are booked solid and those that are scratching around.

The firm I work for (electrical) does pub and shop maintanance/call outs and council work. We're busy (12 of us) for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week + call outs. We're turning down domestic stuff unless it's after hours call outs. Our boss is laughing all the way to the bank. :D

Speaking in local merchants to heating guys and suppliers the general opinion is that this year has been quieter than usual, amount of money made has not been affected but volume of calls and turning work away has dropped..

Still maintaining my accounts in spite of the fly by nights who dabble in plumbing .. Just wish there was a lot more code enforcement going after the non skilled /non insured / non licensed

The plumbing/heating company I work for are mowed out (North West area). Not enough men to get through it - 15 lads in all. That seems to be the general standard around these parts.

As a carpenter, snowed under until mid January. But it's been a funny year, in July i had just one enquiry the whole month and was really starting to get worried, but in September and October it's gone utterly mad - trouble is everyone wants it tomorrow...

woody

Talking to an old mate today who's in the landscape gardening business and he reckons it's the worst year he's had since he started out. I could have had one of my busiest weeks of the year this week but it's half term and the kids are off school. It's a funny old world!

I do plumbing, heating and gas maintenance for 4 accommodation agencies, totalling 880 properties, most have gas, but not all. So been pretty busy, had my worst year of sickness in my entire live too so struggling to keep up. Most of the guys I speak to down here are pretty busy too.

Sponsored Links
Back