How's your luck with Premium Bonds?

what percentage can you earn elsewhere?

Something like 2.5% in a fixed rate 2 year bond with monthly interest paid out. Giving a reliable £104 p.m. income. Downsides are tying the money up, and not having the elusive chance of a big Premium Bond win.

I was averaging two or three wins, occasionally four, per month on the PBs. I was happy with this. Now nothing for three months.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well, this month was decider. I'm out. With interest rates on the up, I've just opened an instant access account paying 1.5% and closed my premium bond account. As soon as my £50k hits my bank account it's going in to the instant access account. It might only be £750 interest but it's equivalent to 2.5 x £25 prizes each and every month. As interest rises on other accounts I'll switch it around. Mrs Mottie will probably do the same.

Well, I got my £50k from NS&I this morning and 5 minutes later it was in my Chase account earning a massive....1.5%. :LOL: What was frightening was how quick and easy it was to move that amount of money around in minutes on my phone. Okay, there were a few warnings and texts I got from Barclays asking whether I was responding to a text/email/phone call etc. and asking to confirm through my phone that I actually wanted to move it, but you can see how some people can be persuaded quite quickly before they have time to think about it.

I suggested that Mrs Mottie did the same with her bonds but she won't be rushed into anything and is convinced I've been scammed out of my premium bond money. :rolleyes: Wait till I wave my monthly interest under her nose the next time she gets less than I do in winnings. :sneaky:

Oh, and I used my Chase debit card to get the weekly shop this morning and I've got a big, fat 99p in cashback in my account. Champagne! Champagne for everybody! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wait till I wave my monthly interest under her nose the next time she gets less than I do in winnings. :sneaky:

Wait till she wins the one million, and buggers off with a tall dark handsome stranger........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, this month was decider. I'm out.

More chance of me winning something now. ;)

I'll give it a month or two then may jump ship too. Poss a 2 year fixed bond that pays 2.5% - interest can be paid monthly on some FBs into your bank account if income wanted. Slightly reluctant to tie up cash though, in case rates go even higher.

NS&I may find many pulling out of PBs now rates are rising elsewhere, especially those relying on winnings for a bit of income.

Last edited:
I sold a property over a year ago and couldn't find another, we were going into lockdown, second hand bikes and cars were rising in price and I started hearing the rumours of the FIAT currency crash, they said £75,000 was safe in your bank, try telling the Greeks and Cypriots that, me and my partner had stuck the proceeds from the house sale into NS&I, I removed it and bought gold and silver, I was then advised to ditch the gold for silver, the price has been manipulated by the banks for decades, that is coming to an end, the general opinion is that silver will match the price of gold within a year, a kg of silver is currently around £800kg gold £50,000kg...
Anyone interested I can recommend either bullionbypost or Atkinsons Bullion.
For further information Jennifer Arcuri on Telegram..

the general opinion is that silver will match the price of gold within a year

if that was true (it isn't) the prices would already have equalised.

what do you think it costs to dig a kg of silver out of the ground and refine it?

Wait till I wave my monthly interest under her nose the next time she gets less than I do in winnings.

Ha! That didn’t take long. My mum got £25 from her max holdings and Mrs Mottie got nothing from her max holdings.

Considering I missed a weeks interest in that month, I got…………….

64F929ED-EE01-4014-9625-B31435D6A21F.jpeg

Thats more than two premium bond wins. Guaranteed every month! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back