Huge condensation in the bathroom, what to look..? Any tips..?

Plus - we only have the OP's description of "huge" condensation. Obviously this is subjective.

He does not mention any mould (although some appears to be on the fan itself) so the condensation cannot be that bad and it must dry between showers.

People think that a fan will prevent condensation; it will not. It merely removes some of the water vapour around its location.
It might be better than nothing - but not much. Only a wind-tunnel would remove it all.

If other people think their fan does prevent condensation then they probably don't need one at all.
Condensation is severe..I can see very similar to a steam room just after shower though fan is on. Also see 'sweaty' wall and then drop together pouring down...Near window drop allover. It was up to level that I thought initially there is some water leak from some pipe inside wall..

Sponsored Links
If you are having 40 minute long showers, you're going to have condensation problems.

Repaint using proper bathroom paint, and wipe the walls dry when you've finished spending your 30 or 40 minutes respectively.

I have to ask, what on earth are you doing in there for 40 minutes?
not everyday ...after full day garden/diy work over the weekends long shower makes lots difference especially taking shower with music on!.. :cool:

Condensation is severe..I can see very similar to a steam room just after shower though fan is on. Also see 'sweaty' wall and then drop together pouring down...Near window drop allover. It was up to level that I thought initially there is some water leak from some pipe inside wall..
As I've said, maybe cold walls, particularly near the window (is it double glazed?).

Kind Regards, John

Put an isolator in so the fan doesn't waste electricity - and make a noise - when the room, but not the shower, is in use. No builders have spotted this thread so on their behalf I would add, open the window when the weather permits.

Blup

Sponsored Links
1 - that fan is the most feeble and underpowered item available and it's probably clogged with gunk as well.
2 - a much more powerful replacement should be obtained and mounted on the beam above, which will significantly reduce the noise it makes.
3 - you must also ensure there is somewhere for air to enter the bathroom such as under the door or via another vent, otherwise no fan will do anything.

Possible replacement: https://www.toolstation.com/airvent-100mm-mixed-flow-inline-extractor-fan/p70282
This was posted right at the beginning of this topic. This is really where you should start, not trying everything else first, and still ending up at replacing the fan for one that actually works.

No builders have spotted this thread so on their behalf I would add, open the window when the weather permits.
I'm most certainly not a builder but, nevertheless, back on page 1, I wrote ..
.... 2... You mention a window. Does it open and, if so, have you tried opening it whilst someone is having a shower etc.?

Kind Regards, John

EFLImpudence said:
2. Window opens to road, so not possible to keep it open
Indeed, but (a) the fact that the OP responded with that does not alter the fact that, although not 'a builder', I had suggested it early on ... and, more to the point (useful/'constructive'), (b) I would have thought that there are all sorts of ways in which ventilation via the window could be achieved despite the fact that it 'opens to road'.

Kind Regards, John

Some more pics of fan after opening it as below. still an't see or know any option to adjust time..
Manrose shower fan kit 25652

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 8.33.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 8.33.20 PM.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 42
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 8.33.43 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 8.33.43 PM.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 38
I managed open the fan unit, Black round thing near green connectors is that by any chance timer adjustment>.??
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 9.31.42 PM.png

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 9.32.10 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 9.32.10 PM.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 42

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back