Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read somewhere recently of the development of a Hydrogen Fired Central heating system which uses Natural gas as the fuel source. The combustion of the Hydrogen is virtually pollution free and the energy output of the Boiler is 25% greater than that of a similar Narural gas fired unit.
Presumably these devices work by breaking down CH4 into Carbon and Hydrogen. The Hydrogen will be used as a clean fuel, but what happens then to the carbon that is left. Is Carbon in gaseous form not a pollutant like CO or CO2.
Anyone heard of these things and when they will be in the market place and where I coulod read about the technology, A google search returns nothing for me.

Sponsored Links
sounds a good concept, havnt heard of it on the grapevine though
perhaps the carbon is collected through filtration?

Is Carbon in gaseous form not a pollutant like CO or CO2.

those are 2 forms of gases containing carbon atoms, carbon is a solid and a little bit black :LOL:

Diamonds are not black ;)

Heard about 8 years ago that BG where developing some sort of power source that gave out more energy than was put in but not heard mention of it for a while

Sponsored Links
Diamonds are not black ;)
A black diamond:

Black_Diamond_Solitare.jpg

Another black diamond:

sbdb1-1.JPG

Noseall yep i know what the laws of physics say and this is what made it so revolutionary but its gone all quiet now.
Tim . i should have said not all diamonds are black ;) i see your recreational habits post quickly got removed ;)

i think if an energy company harnessed the ability to overcome the world's fuel crisis, they would be shouting it from every roof top on the globe.

you mean the same way people who have invented engines that will run on other things that are not petrochemica basedl.
That somehow dissappear never to be heard of again, that would have absolutely nothing to do with money and power.
What makes the most money a unit you can sell once that will result in people using less of your power or buy up the invention and suppress it so people carry on using inefficeint products paying you a fortune to buy your power to run them

i think that the fact oil is running out and energy companies are falling over themselves to find an alternative, somehow makes your last post seem a little ridiculous.

never has the worlds' energy needs been greater than they are today.

If you do a little research you will find oil reserves have actually increased recently and there is a growing theory that oil is not actually a fossil fuel and is a by product of what happens within the earths core.
The alternative sources the companies are using at present are only because they where threatened with huge fines if they did not supply renewable energy this was not out of choice and a lot of the time is not cost affective.

And if you get people to believe an energy source is running out they accept price hikes and thus the company makes even more money

there is a growing theory that oil is not actually a fossil fuel and is a by product of what happens within the earths core.
Thats interesting,I havnt heard of that but it makes you wonder if its just being mentioned in order to calm nerves over the oil crisis?

If you do a little research you will find oil reserves have actually increased recently and there is a growing theory that oil is not actually a fossil fuel and is a by product of what happens within the earths core.
The alternative sources the companies are using at present are only because they where threatened with huge fines if they did not supply renewable energy this was not out of choice and a lot of the time is not cost affective.

..oh...right.

i understand that opec opted to increase productivity in order to lower the price of crude oil. they have now ordered a slow down due to the fact that crude has fallen below $100 per barrel and that the demand for crude has fallen due to the world credit crisis.

Sponsored Links
Back