I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Difficult for Ernie to identify you without.

My mother (God rest her soul) would always remind me to notify the premium bond people whenever I changed address, she reckoned it would bring my number 'to the top'.
She had no knowledge of computers and to her, Ernie, rather than being a computerised random number generator, was a giant tombola machine.

e1f13324-3bbc-4a11-bc4f-915f3579a0d3.jpg

Ironically, last time I moved house, about 15 years ago, long after her death, I won 50 quid. Maybe she was right.

One of the million pound winners this month won it with £2,000 of bonds they bought in January this year.
The other million pound winner was someone that bought £50,000 of bonds in February this year.

I just found another £25 cheque I forgot to bank in time - it's expired. Hey ho...

Nothing last month, £25 this month. Over. £60k's worth between us and I’ve worked out that I could be getting £947 a year in interest if that was in one of our ISA's. That’s equivalent to three wins per month, every month. Seriously tempted to move a chunk of it.

I am getting over £2k per year for less than £60k, and have been for the last 12 years. In addition my capital has increased by approx 20%.

I just found another £25 cheque I forgot to bank in time - it's expired. Hey ho...
Cheque? I think they’ve stopped sending them out now - Mrs Mottie had to sort her mums out a good few months ago so that NS&I paid any winnings straight into her bank. We’ve opted to have any of our winnings converted to new bonds and added to our account. My mum bought the max amount at the beginning of the year so she can’t have any winnings converted to bonds and has to have winnings paid into her account.

It was May iirc. At the max so can't reinvest. The cheque envelopes are recognizable, so I do wonder how many vanish in the post.

It was May iirc. At the max so can't reinvest. The cheque envelopes are recognizable, so I do wonder how many vanish in the post.
You’ll have to do what Mrs Motties mum had to do and elect to have any winnings paid into the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back