I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Ignore that - checked again and it was 1.48% last year. The loyalty rate for this year is 1.1% Still might take £20k out each and put into our ISA's *NS&I is 0.9%

Aaaaand, wrong again! Too late to add new money to our fixed ISA's, we have to take out new ones. Fixed for 12 months at 0.7% so for £20k each (which would be this years max), I don’t think I’ll bother for now. Can get a NS&I 12 month bond at 1.16% but you have to take the interest each month, you can’t let it accrue and I can’t be arsed with piddling about every month moving interest into another account so for now, we'll leave it in premium bonds and let it ride. Roll on August!

My mother setup childrens bonds for my kids many years ago, never got anything so we cashed them in and put it into bank accounts, at least they got a little interest then.

Sponsored Links
When you say "money," do you mean "cash in Sterling?"

I didn't say I'd moved that.

AFAIK, I only have whatever bonds I was bought when I was born, in the early seventies.
I won £25 ( IIRC) in 1990.
I haven't won anything since.

When you say "money," do you mean "cash in Sterling?"

I didn't say I'd moved that.
Oh right, you moved funds because the pound was losing value too much to somewhere better but the sterling you had that was actually earning **** all, you left where it was. Riggght.:rolleyes:

It looks like you haven't read what I said back in March.

I live in the UK, so naturally I have some UK cash and deposits.

Do you think that's wrong?

Of course not Malcolm. Now, Jim jams on and off to bed. Night night.

bought £15 worth of bonds in 1964 and have never won a penny.

My mother bought some bonds earlier this year. When she applied for them NS&I said they already had an investor number in her name. The records showed that someone had bought her £50 worth of bonds in 1957. She still doesn't know who it was, maybe her father because that's the year she got married. It certainly wasn't my father who she married - he'd just come out of the army and didn't have £50 spare, which was a good sum of money then.

Anyway - checked the prize history on these bonds. Not a single prize in 63 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back