I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at my account, funny thing is, the more I have in it, the less the interest is. Interest alone was at one stage £25 ish, then down to £21, last lot was £17 , then there's the cash back on the DD's of about £7 a month. 0.6% is not bad on a current account. Marcus, I've been told, has quite a good rate (at the moment), buying gold or silver is not worth it at the moment, though silver could be a punt as the mines are shut and when industry that uses silver starts up again, there may be a demand.

Sponsored Links
I'm getting fed up with premium bonds too.
I have had a £5 premium bond since 1972 and got sweet FA back...

It's the second draw for us....last month £50 (2x25) and £150 for me and £75 for 'er this month.
Better than a poke in the eye with a pointed stick!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Although your new ones have to wait a month before they go into the draw

FT says:

"Investors have flocked to premium bonds since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, as they struggle to find competitive interest rates for their savings amid volatile markets.

More than £1.6bn went into premium bonds in May, the biggest monthly increase since 2006. A record £91bn is now held in the bonds, according to National Savings & Investments, the state-owned savings provider.

The surge comes at a time when savers have been hammered by record-low interest rates, which have made it more difficult to beat inflation. As consumer spending fell under lockdown, some Britons found themselves with extra cash on hand"

“NS&I attracted plenty of love in a time of coronavirus,” said Sarah Coles, personal finance analyst at investment platform Hargreaves Lansdown. “Easy access accounts from the vast majority of the high street banks are downright terrible. If you’re being offered 0.01 per cent, it’s no wonder they’re put off the idea of savings accounts.”

Ah, that's why the website crashed so badly!

I wonder, with so much more invested with them now, if they will go back to their plan for less prizes? I think someone on here said it was on hold for a while, while covid was in town.

7610E931-C583-4E23-A6E1-16090F2D11B8.gif

Just another £25 again this month.

View attachment 200906

Just another £25 again this month.
It's a game Mottie! You're buying a raffle ticket.. :)

I just went to check mine by logging into my account - not been updated yet. Said next results due 4th Aug. Had to wait in a queue to get online too. Guess they're a tad busy!

got a few grand in there, trying to contact them to change address. nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back