I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, they're rather busy. Hope you get it soon. Just a thought, not sent it to your old address have they?!

Just saw, won £50! After years of not winning a bean, I've now won £50 twice this summer. Delighted :)
well done! we’ve only ever had a couple of £25 wins.
wife finally got through earlier, they’ve changed our details and paperwork for online ns&i on the way.

Sponsored Links
I've already contacted them for you, and arranged for winnings to be paid into my Panama account.

Had 50k in for two years , wins every month, about 1.9% each year which was better than available elsewhere.

Try to remember what year it was, and look up Inflation rate for that period.

Did your mortgage interest rate hit 17% under Thatcher?

Good times, eh?

I was probably still at home with my parents, so no mortgage and protected from many costs. Suppose I still got hammered on my main outgoings then - mainly nice cars, pubs, clubs and cigs. Great to be young and fancy free. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Had 50k in for two years , wins every month, about 1.9% each year which was better than available elsewhere.
I reckon you've been getting some of my share.

I've got the max and get bugger all from it......it's like tumbleweed.

If you had bought Gold at the start of lockdown you will have gained around 10% by today. People too scared of the risks to stocks and shares caused by Covid have flocked to buy Gold.

If you had bought Gold at the start of lockdown you will have gained around 10% by today. People too scared of the risks to stocks and shares caused by Covid have flocked to buy Gold.

And if you had bought gold the day before the Brexit referendum, you would have gained 83% by today.

And if you had bought gold the day before the Brexit referendum, you would have gained 83% by today.
I take it that is that tongue in cheek, Gold prices dropped off slightly but didn’t appear to climb by much until last year with a dip but then a climb after Covid-19 reached our shores....

One more day to wait for the next draw.

C2203365-B3CF-4E46-B624-8D2CE100FC83.gif

I take it that is that tongue in cheek

gold price

23/6/16 £851
7/7/16 £1053

25% up in two weeks

Of course, you would have done better to buy earlier, when the Brexit catastrophe hove over the horizon.

1/9/2020 £1479
nearly 80% up now since the day before the referendum
In 4 years.

But only 40% up since the horror of Brexit first hit home. Including the CV peak.

4th Aug was 83%

Have two pots one for each of us (husband and wife) to the maximum allowed. Consistently get a win across the two accounts. In past 6 months £275 and £200 on the other. That's 0.475% return. However, it's an instant access account which is great as I need to take a large amount out. If oyu want a better return then move it to MoneyFarm (ideally the iSA). Getting great return there. But steer clear of Funding Circle - it's tortuous trying to get money out, like blood out of a stone.

In past 6 months £275 and £200 on the other. That's 0.475% return.

Is it?

£100,000 x 0.475% is £475 per year.

But over six months £475 is double that. 0.95%

The Prize Fund is currently 1.4% tax free, so you are currently running below average.

Sadly you have to deduct the million-pound prizes from your prospective winnings, because your chances of winning it are negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back