Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
£75 this month

Nothing in August.

Rolling 12 month is now 1.3% tax free

about right.

Last edited:
Mrs Mottie has had £125 since March and I’ve had £50 in the same period. We both have just over £30k of bonds each.

Got another 2 x £25 this month, so for the last 12 months it's £575 in total. As for the price of PMs, I had a result at an auction. Got some "silver" medallions at less than melt, turned out they weren't silver, but platinum:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nothing this month, first duff result in ages, if any winners want to send a postal order feel free

Have only read pages 1 & 7 so ignore my comment if it's inappropriate.

If the global finances get worse and if guvonments decided to bring about a bail in would savings such as Premium Bonds be an easy target when compared to money under the bed?

inflation will reduce the value of government debts, and of the money under your bed, and of savings in deposit accounts and even in Premium Bonds.

It's the usual way of getting rid of National Debt.

And all done without needing to announce a tax rise!

As it happens, the largest amount of wealth in this country is in Property, and private pensions.

Anyone thinking of raising some money by taxation will look at where the money is.

Owners of substantial wealth will try to divert attention towards income tax and NI. Luckily they have the ear of the Prime Minister and his acolytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back