I’m watching the ITV news ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is correct.

People that have the highest chance of survival will get the ventilators.
Its whats been happening in Italy
Its what will happen here.

You are welcome to argue otherwise, in which case you will be wrong.

That is correct, the earlier definition I read of triage was, maybe a little incomplete.
Anyway, Congratulations Notch, you've posted something factual. I knew you could do it, I always had faith in you, I did, me.

Sponsored Links
It's hard being a Springer Spaniel.. Sleeping all day is boring.... Its good to have a laugh.... Then like the Number 3 to Crystal Palace 3 jokers come along at once.

I've never owned a dog, the missus is a cat lover. But I would really really like to have a border collie, love the buggers.

That is correct, the earlier definition I read of triage was, maybe a little incomplete.
Anyway, Congratulations Notch, you've posted something factual. I knew you could do it, I always had faith in you, I did, me.

Nosey will be onto you soon, calling you a Springer Spaniel and spelling your name exaggeratingly long

Sponsored Links
I bet you didn't either

I have known for many years.

Though I was taught the simple 3-group (tri-) sorting of casualties

1) will not die, even if you don't treat them

2) will die if you don't treat them, but can be saved with treatment

3) will die whether you treat them or not

To maximise the saved life, resources are concentrated on group 2; and on the casualties with the best return on resource. Any resources expended on groups 1 or 2 will not save life.

A form of Triage has been applied en masse before to thousands in cases of mass starvation

Live aid / etheopia and other places were mass starvation has occurred generally against children / infants

I don't know why you feel that way. Some sort of skin complaint, I suppose.

I see no doubt that there will be a number of people on here who were taught emergency triage of casualties.

You will be aware that the resources available are insufficient to treat all the expected patients.

Not all the patients who need ITU will get it.

Patients who need ITU and don't get it can be expected to die.

It's not bicycle science.

Poor Ryler is living in a world of fantasy.

I don't know why you feel that way. Some sort of skin complaint, I suppose.

Yes it's that bloody O'keeffes cream all over my face. I keep telling him to watch where he waves that thing.

Connie swears by it...

I've never owned a dog, the missus is a cat lover. But I would really really like to have a border collie, love the buggers.
Beautiful dogs, really lovely. They need a lot of exercise and entertainment for their sharp brains - some people take them on and without this wonder why they become a bit destructive! :D

galahad made the claim. Its up to him to provide the evidence. you,jd,notch have been bleating ever since and still no evidence.
Given you plenty of evidence. You just don't wish to believe it. *shrug*

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...age-and-lies-for-virus-patients-idUSKBN2133KG

"
Italian doctors say that so many elderly COVID-19 patients are showing up with breathing problems, they can’t take a chance on those who have a slim hope of recovery.

Alfredo Visioli was one such patient. When he was diagnosed, the 83-year old from Cremona was living a busy, active life, at home with a German shepherd, Holaf, that the family had given him. He cared for his 79-year-old wife, Ileana Scarpanti, who had suffered a stroke two years ago, said his granddaughter Marta Manfredi.

At first, he only had intermittent fever, but two weeks after he was diagnosed with COVID-19, he developed pulmonary fibrosis - a disease resulting from lung tissue becoming damaged and scarred, which makes it harder and harder to breathe.

Doctors in the hospital at Cremona, a town of about 73,000 in the Lombardy region, had to decide whether to intubate him to help him breathe.

“They said there was no point,” said Manfredi.

She would have liked to hold her grandfather’s hand, she said, while he was in a morphine-induced sleep before he died.

Now Manfredi is worried about her grandmother. Ileana also caught COVID-19 and is now in the hospital, though she is responding well to a mouth respirator that is helping her breathe. No-one has told Ileana her husband is dead.

Lombardy intensive care coordinator Grasselli said he believed that, so far, all patients with a reasonable chance of recovering and living an acceptable quality of life had been treated.

But he added that this approach is under strain. “Previously, for some people we would have said, ‘let’s give them a chance for a few days.’ Now we have to be more stringent.”

America is already getting ready for the same dilemma.
https://www.npr.org/2020/03/21/8196...s-care-amid-coronavirus-surge?t=1585007679941

Beautiful dogs, really lovely. They need a lot of exercise and entertainment for their sharp brains - some people take them on and without this wonder why they become a bit destructive! :D

Two of my best friends are Collies, customers dogs. One I've known since she was a puppy stealing my phone or jacket, she's 13 now and slowing down. They just seem so totally loyal, plus OCD, plus mental,
Some years ago the older one was given lessons on sheep herding (the owners had about 30 sheep) and they had to abandon it because the dog would open the gate to let the sheep out, just to round them up and chase them back in again, and again, and again and again. Lovely dogs, but a bit mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back