I’ve seen it twice now in as many days....

Sponsored Links
Funny, that.
Why? I just cba editing it, to appease just you. I’m not surprised admin said this was toxic a while back.

See @Mod8 @admin, this would have been better as OT in combustion chamber and your losing members as a result. Oh well, nevermind.

Last edited:
I have been in 'that' situation lots of times and I will generally just do what ever I need to do, to not delay their progress. If stood at the front, at red lights I try to cut sideways across the second lane to give them space. On the open road if there is a chance for them to get past me, then I will pull in for them. Where the road is too narrow for them to pass, or where oncoming traffic will prevent it, I go foot down and completely ignore the speed limit, until I find somewhere to safely get them past.

They don't usually appear from nowhere in your mirrors, so you usually get time to plan to ease their passage.

Why? I just cba editing it, to appease just you.
I never asked you to edit anything, and Im not seeking "appeasement". I just asked you why you mentioned the sex of the drivers and to consider whether you would have done the same had it been men.

You do seem to be overreacting.

Sponsored Links
I have been in 'that' situation lots of times and I will generally just do what ever I need to do, to not delay their progress.
Ditto.

If stood at the front, at red lights I try to cut sideways across the second lane to give them space.
Depending on the junction layout and what the other traffic is doing, I have in the past gone through the junction and then given the emergency vehicle room.

On the open road if there is a chance for them to get past me, then I will pull in for them.
Ditto.

Where the road is too narrow for them to pass, or where oncoming traffic will prevent it, I go foot down and completely ignore the speed limit, until I find somewhere to safely get them past.
Ditto.

They don't usually appear from nowhere in your mirrors,
Unmarked police cars can.

You do seem to be overreacting.
I’m not anything, if anything you seem to be hellbent on trying to get a raise out of me, by nitpicking at how it’s been worded. I’ve already said I would have quoted if it were male drivers.

I’m not anything, if anything you seem to be hellbent on trying to get a raise out of me, by nitpicking at how it’s been worded. I’ve already said I would have quoted if it were male drivers.
If people make comments that appear to have some inference contained within, then we are justified in calling them out over it.

Why mention any description of the driver at all?
Because I felt it was justified. Ime, when posting such things, question is usually asked about who was driving.

In what way was it important?

Lets say the driver did go through a red light, would their sex have any effect on what might or might not have happened wrt interactions with other vehicles?

Would it have been a factor taken into consideration if the authorities were considering a RTA charge?

If there was a court case, would it have been a factor in deciding guilt or innocence, or the penalty if found guilty?

Sponsored Links
Back