Driving Is Now Every Man For Himself...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The other day, I left one of my local post offices.

There is a lay-by in which you park. Upon leaving the layby, 25 yards to your left is a set of traffic lights. In front of the exit to the lay-by is a large KEEP CLEAR sign on the road.

I wanted to turn right. The lights were on red. A car was around 50m from the lights. I pulled out, thinking that, with the lights being on red, the car was going nowhere and would be happy to let me out.

Wrong.

The car speeded up, then the female driver slammed on her brakes and blasted on the horn, with a vocal accompaniment I cannot repeat.

WHY??

Sponsored Links
One of the most annoying things I see is people (mostly women) who drive (2 mph average speed) nose to tail in built up areas blocking off any chance of right turning vehicles coming in the opposite direction. Even the boxed yellow chevron area's are ignored.
Some of the offenders have space to reverse to allow the right turners through but it seems that gear is non existent in these vehicles.
Its just push,push, push........no consideration whatsoever :evil:
It causes horrendous tail backs due to stupidity combined with ignorance.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Women whilst can be very bad drivers aswell as men i find they are by far the least curteous.

Being the inferior sex they seem to go out of their way to make others appear bad drivers as in your case. Some physchological thing maybe.

Similar instance was the other day pulling out of my road traffic crawling along. Im edging out slowly but no ones letting me go. I pull out practically all the way by now when a women driver is now practically overtaking me just to get her space back in the non moving traffic.

Being in their car also gives them a sense of security and behave in ways they wouldn't normally if on the street.

Bi**ches :D

Sponsored Links
Being the inferior sex
If we compare women to certain male species, take YOU for instance, then women would be the Vastly Superior Sex!

Similar instance was the other day pulling out of my road traffic crawling along. Im edging out slowly but no ones letting me go. I pull out practically all the way by now when a women driver is now practically overtaking me just to get her space back in the non moving traffic.
Bi**ches :D
NO!!!! You were pulling out into HER road space. SHE HAS RIGHT OF WAY! She wasn't OVERTAKING you! Why the hell should ANYONE male or female give up their space for you? They have Right of Way. They were on the road before you. And don't give me all of that 'courtesy' slaver after the way you have demeaned women with your 'inferior sex' jibe and 'Bi**ches' name calling. With an attitude like that I'm surprised anyone lets you out.

With an attitude like that I'm surprised anyone lets you out.
At the end of the day, the person waiting to be let out could be on his way to his next armed robbery, but you'd treat them the same as any other driver. ;)

What annoys me is people who accelerate towards a red light, then shortly after getting there it goes green, would be quicker to gear down then back up again, so you arrive at the lights just after they've gone green and don't have to stop.

...and people who desperately overtake*, when there's load of cars in front anyway, where ya gonna go?

*bloody ambulance drivers!

If we compare women to certain male species, take YOU for instance, then women would be the Vastly Superior Sex!
I've always found sex with women to be vastly superior :confused:

esra_ptrap";p="997928 said:
I've always found sex with women to be vastly superior :confused:[/quote

Nope you dope i live far far away on a piece of crip that was once ejected from a dogs bottom

Another small example of societies breakdown, you don't believe me? Well it may be a sign of age, but people have got MUCH worse on the roads (in fact everywhere)!
See Thermo's post also on driving incident.
In fact some posts as responses to genuine driving concerns have been just as abusive as original "lady" in the car??

SOCIETY. In order for UK society to survive, we all need to cooperate with each other to help obtain our goals. Most people think they are an island with their wife/relatives , kids, drinking buddies/associates on it........and everyone else can f*** o** !

It can only get worse, as nobody seems to care about any future, here, there, anywhere?? :eek:

NO!!!! You were pulling out into HER road space. SHE HAS RIGHT OF WAY! She wasn't OVERTAKING you! Why the hell should ANYONE male or female give up their space for you? They have Right of Way. They were on the road before you.

Same could be said a regarding the OP.

With an attitude like that I'm surprised anyone lets you out.

Er..ok.

From being driven by my OH, mother, sister, female friends, female colleagues I can summarise it as follows:

A man will try to avoid a situation when he's driving (looks like that HGV's gonna pull out, I'll leave a gap)
A woman will just try to deal with the situation once it's occurred (AAAGH! Where did that truck come from?! Who does HE think HE is?!

If it's too late to avoid the situation, the man will often accelerate away from the danger (think about the situation where you're joinging a busy motorway from a slip road)
The woman will slow down instead, which usually puts her RIGHT IN THE DANGER ZONE!

Contrary to what Diamond insurance says, women DO have more accidents. It's the COST of accident that differs: women have lots of minor low-speed prangs caused by lack of attention. But, when was the last time you heard of a woman writing their car off due to excess speed or plain silliness? :confused:

I'm sure we all know a guy who's put a car on its roof or had a speeding ban, we've all tried out our cars can go on the local motorway to see how fast they can go, most of us probably have a good idea of how fast our cars corner without too much drama. Do you know women who've done the same? ;)

From being driven by my OH, mother, sister, female friends, female colleagues I can summarise it as follows:

A man will try to avoid a situation when he's driving (looks like that HGV's gonna pull out, I'll leave a gap)

you forgot to include the male situation: "looks like that truck is going to pull out, **** him its my lane and i dont care what the **** happens if he does pull out"

that happens all too often causing mayhem behind.

i dont believe men or women are necessarily better drivers just because of their sex. it has more to do with their initial training and mindset from an early age.....michele mouton would run rings round all of us in any car on any course or road. good women drivers (in the sense that they know what their car can do) are rare because they are simply not interested in wheeled cubes of steel that take them to work and back, the majority of men on the other hand have a passion for them and so understand them better, and want to push their limits.

in my experience a woman is far less likely to get themselves in trouble when she is driving alone, she is more likely to be concentrating than gabbering carp to her mate.

Male or Female, these people are just ignorant fools...

BBC Wednesday, 10 September 2008 17:28

Drivers 'should respect closures'

Northumberland suffered its worst flooding for 50 years.

Motorists in flood-hit Northumberland are being asked not to drive through closed areas.

As a result of the weekend's severe weather there are a number of road closures around the county.

However, there have been reports of people moving traffic cones and attempting to drive on the roads.

Highways officers from Northumberland County Council said the closures were to ensure the safety of motorists and they were urged to respect them.

There have been particular problems on the U8280 at West Wylam through Hagg Bank to Wylam Village, where a landslip has closed the road until further notice.

Sponsored Links
Back