I’ve seen it twice now in as many days....

Sponsored Links
As far as I can see, this is written from the perspective of a person who thinks that "everyone agrees" that women drivers are not as good as men drivers.
I don’t think such things, not really that arsed, some drivers are good, others are poor, sex doesn’t come into it. I just know people who like to know, perhaps that’s how they think.

I don’t think such things, not really that arsed, some drivers are good, others are poor, sex doesn’t come into it. I just know people who like to know, perhaps that’s how they think.
So you pander to their sexist curiosity?
OK.
I wouldn't.

Sponsored Links
I have pulled forward past a red light twice in my driving career to let an ambulance go.

I would have happily argued with the judge were I prosecuted.

What's a Himmy?
Is it a person, a thing, an animal?
As far as I can work out, it’s a person that was banned from this forum (Himagain?) but keeps returning under different forum names. He gets found out, banned but only to return again. Very argumentative I believe.

As far as I can work out, it’s a person that was banned from this forum (Himagain?) but keeps returning under different forum names. He gets found out, banned but only to return again. Very argumentative I believe.
Now I understand, from yours and Captain Nemesis' explanation. If someone takes a dislike to someone's responses, they accuse them of being a banned person in the hope that they will be banned again.
Doesn't that cause a one-sided balance of opinions, dominated by those that resort to such tactics?

Taking my wife as an example, I do find that women tend to panic, throw their arms up and think "omfg! what do I do now" type of thing.
I often see cars pull over blocking the road because they are not thinking about it.
Too many other things going on, talking to the kids/or gf on the phone, texting, doing make up, discussing what's for tea etc.

I tend to pull over when it's safe for me to do so and clear for the ambulance to pass, leave space at the front when at lights etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I didnt make it an "issue".
I beg to differ.
You put forward a number of explanations which require a case to be made for them unless we accept the premise that its OK for you to write things without having to have, or give, any reasons for believing them.
No cases need to be made at all, I chose to write something yes, and you engaged in conversation and started to nitpick, rather than accept what is written.

I’ll agree there is nothing left to say.

Taking my wife as an example, I do find that women tend to panic, throw their arms up and think "omfg! what do I do now" type of thing.
I often see cars pull over blocking the road because they are not thinking about it.
Too many other things going on, talking to the kids/or gf on the phone, texting, doing make up, discussing what's for tea etc.

I tend to pull over when it's safe for me to do so and clear for the ambulance to pass, leave space at the front when at lights etc.
So there's two types of people, the ones that panic and the ones that don't. And in your opinion the females tend to be the ones that panic, whereas the ones that don't tend to be males?
I don't agree with your observation. But even if it were true, it would be unfair to characterise someone based on their sex.
But I can fully understand someone would, and that kind of person would delight at relating a story that reinforced their idea of the stereotype.

As in my original post, we can all be idiots at times.
But that is what makes us human.
We are not infallible and even with the best intentions, can get things wrong.
Be that panicking in front of an ambulance on blue lights, or writing a post that some may find offense with.
But what makes us better people is being able to learn this and accept our limitations.
OP, your comments could cause offense to some, even though it wasn't your intention.
I'm sure the drivers in the cars that cause issues for ambulances are wonderful people if you knew them and would be devastated if they knew the problems they caused; they may alternatively be oblivious.
All we can do is accept it and move on.

OP, your comments could cause offense to some, even though it wasn't your intention.
Yes my comments could have, but until someone tells me that, then they stand, and no they weren’t meant to cause offence.

Yes my comments could have, but until someone tells me that, then they stand, and no they weren’t meant to cause offence.

If we worried about the possibility of offending someone chances are this site, and thousands like it, would never exist.
What people need to do is learn not to read too deeply into what someone has written but understand the general concept of the post.
The original post doesn't denigrate women per se, merely, it states the driver was female, without any adjectives. Adverse or otherwise.

With regards to women drivers, what I find about them is that if you give way to allow them to pass, you rarely get a thank you. Many of them seen to have a death grip on the steering wheel and head fixed dead ahead. Mrs Mottie can be the same so I often find myself thanking others that give way to her when I’m a passenger.

Is it only me that thanks others for thanking me when I give way? (n)

Sponsored Links
Back