I’ve seen it twice now in as many days....

Sponsored Links
If you want to bring need to know into it, why did anybody need to know the sex of the driver?

Lets say the driver did go through a red light, would their sex have any effect on what might or might not have happened wrt interactions with other vehicles?

Would it have been a factor taken into consideration if the authorities were considering a RTA charge?

If there was a court case, would it have been a factor in deciding guilt or innocence, or the penalty if found guilty?

Ok, let’s look at this a different way, if you read that story in a newspaper/online news site, generally they will mention the sex of the driver, sometimes race, age etc, whether you think that’s relevant or not, that’s your opinion. Would you then give the newspaper this much grief?

Sponsored Links
When the troll's wrist needs a rest perhaps he'll move on to asking you if you're a psychopath or it would be better if you didn't exist, or, or,,,

:(:(:(:(:(

This is like reading a script from Rumpole. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wannabe lawyers who failed the bar exams springs to mind.
Yes or a case of watching too much Judge Judy or Judge Rinder - because apparently it matters whether they’re male or female :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok, let’s look at this a different way, if you read that story in a newspaper/online news site, generally they will mention the sex of the driver, sometimes race, age etc, whether you think that’s relevant or not, that’s your opinion. Would you then give the newspaper this much grief?
Firstly, Im not trying to give you any grief - Im asking you questions about what you wrote, as I think they are ones which deserve your consideration. It isnt really very reasonable to say that someone is giving you grief when you decide to post something and they ask you about it.

You decided, with no prompting, to mention the sex of the drivers. Asked why, youve said you thought it was justified, but havent produced any objective justification. Youve said you thought it was important, but havent shown in what way.

So yes, I think you should be asking yourself why you mentioned the sex of the drivers and why you have kept on trying to make it seem a reasonable thing to have done.

Relying on what newspapers do is a pretty thin defence,

a) because they are reporting newsworthy events, not someone sat at a red traffic light

b) they have an appalling track record of being unable to distinguish between "what is in the public interest" and "what the public are interested in".

And FYI - I have complained to newspapers about their reporting of irrelevant information.

And FYI - I have complained to newspapers about their reporting of irrelevant information.
This doesn’t surprise me. I feel it was justified and I don’t need to explain my reasoning.

I thought this was General Discussion, not a court room drama? (n)

I thought this was General Discussion, not a court room drama? (n)

Some people just got to start something to fill their empty lives and compensate for their inadequacies. I wonder if they are like this in real life. Imagining them trying it in a pub and next they're out the door on their sorry arze.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
(possibly female driver) refused to move
Definite female driver, she was turning right

As far as I can see, this is written from the perspective of a person who thinks that "everyone agrees" that women drivers are not as good as men drivers.

Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

In the same way that some people like jokes such as
"did you hear about the plumber who was so stupid, that all the others noticed?"
but instead of "plumber" may say "Mancunian" or "Irishman" or "Black guy" or "Jew" or "Transit driver"

Some of these targets have now become unfashionable.

Dry your eyes and get over it. No one else but Himmy gives a toss.

Maybe you are Himmy.
My eyes are dry, and I don't give a monkey's. But I think I'm more justified in calling out people who make the sex of a driver an issue, than people like CBW who thinks she/he's justified in making the sex of drivers an issue.
What's a Himmy?
Is it a person, a thing, an animal?

Some people just got to start something to fill their empty lives and compensate for their inadequacies. I wonder if they are like this in real life. Imagining them trying it in a pub and next they're out the door on their sorry arze.
I believe there are people who are justified in calling out others who make inadvertent sexist, racist, or homophobic comments without realising it.
This is a social media site, and it exists in society. Therefore it is not far fetched to assume that it reflects the typical occurrences in society.
And if people don't like someone calling out some one else for their inadvertent sexist, racist or homophobic comments, they should lump it, not expect them to be slung out on their arze.
I wouldn't like to spend anytime in your local, if sexist, racist or homophobic comments are the norm. Fortunately most pubs have moved on from those days.

Sponsored Links
Back