I Am Exceedingly Hacked Off Today...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently, the bottom r/h corner broke off my debit card. More than two weeks ago, I went to my branch & requested a replacement.

It hadn't arrived today, so I went into the branch. I had to wait 13 minutes for the woman in front of me to finish her counter business. I saw someone else wandering around behind the counter so I asked if he could serve me.

"Sorry, I'm busy", was the reply.

Of course, silly me...I'm only a customer, what do I matter?

Then when I get to the counter, I explain my situation & ask if she can confirm that the card was actually ordered.

"No, sorry, that's not possible."

"Why on earth not?"

"It just isn't."

[Sigh]

"You can use the phone over there to call the call centre and ask them."

"While I'm here, can I have £100?"

[She completes the transaction]

"Sign here, and as a new security measure, please put your DOB on the slip, too."

Now, I'm not touchy about my age, I just have a thing about organisations asking for data & information about people that is not necessary. It really gets on my t*ts when people ask me for this kind of thing.

"Why do I have to put my DOB?"

"It's a new security measure."

"Against what?"

"Fraud."

"Look, you have my bank card in front of you & your colleague has previously seen my driving licence when I ordered the replacement debit card, you don't need to worry about fraud."

"If you don't put your DOB, I can't give you the money."

The security measure does not work. On that cashier's desk at the close of day will be a withdrawl slip for £100 with the DOB : 1 January 1901.

To cap off a good visit, I used the phone to call the chickens at the call centre...

"Please enter your account number. This is located next to your name on the bottom right hand corner of your card." ARRRRGHHHH!

GIVE ME STRENGTH!!! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Was the cashier an attractivebrunette? ;)
Why not make your day complete and discuss it with her on here? :LOL:

My bank once called me about something. Before they were willing to divulge it, the operator wanted to know my dob for security measures to confirm my identity.

I reminded him that he called me, and also asked for his dob and number so that I could confirm his ID, and was told that he didn't have an incoming number and would not be willing to divuge personal info.

The call terminated a short while later :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(Subsequent letter from the bank confirmed that it was a legit call)

Back in the days when we all still used cheques, I used to get p***ed off when people wanted my address on the back despite having a cheque guarantee card.

I often used to claim I lived in a house named "Lololo", in Letsby Ave.... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
We were in Mothercare a few weeks before Christmas. Wife wanted an out of stock item for the grand daughter (3) and was told it could be ordered and they would send me an e-mail when it was in.

"Can I have your e-mail address please sir,"

"Yes, its xxxxxxxxx @ xxxx.com"

"Thank you sir, can you just confirm you are Mr ZZZ ZZZZZ and live at QQQQQQQQ QQQQQ, ********, Liverpool L% ^$D?"

"WHAT???? How the heck do you know all that?"

"Don't really know sir. It just came up."

Tried consolidating 2 loans with the same finance company the other day. Went through all the security questions for the first loan and then had to repeat them all again for the second one. I asked why we had to go through all this again when I had just told her everything she needed and she replied it's just procedure. FFS!

George Orwell, you were a prophet!
It's bloody scary!

Ordered some flowers a couple of years ago for my wife, and requested that they be delivered before midday. Noon came and went and at 1.30 I phoned to question the whereabouts, and was advised that deliveries for "before midday" can take up to 2pm!! :confused: They eventually arrived at 4. :rolleyes:

On the subject of data availability - how come when I phone for a pizza that they know my address instantly, since I am ex-directory :confused:

On the subject of data availability - how come when I phone for a pizza that they know my address instantly, since I am ex-directory :confused:

I love that. I just say I will have the same as I had last time. Saves faffing about looking for a menu, and handy when you've had a drop to much and can't remember anything

Paid in £7000 no questions asked said pay this tax bill of X amount , can we have proof who you aRE. eh it has my name on it it and money is coming from my acount that you just accepted money into . yeah but we dont know that its you. :rolleyes:

you are a regular, or they recognised your voice / name

----------------------------------------------------------------

My bank once called me about something. Before they were willing to divulge it, the operator wanted to know my dob for security measures to confirm my identity........................

I had exactly the same thing

Sponsored Links
Back