i am trying to UNDERSTAND

M

Can a new poster (NO REGULARS PLEASE) tell me why you posted a plumbing question in general diy, when it quite clearly says this is for general diy, and there is even a post which says please read before posting.

I really am trying to understand why,as this evening i have moved aprox 10 posts.

Sponsored Links
I did mention this sometime ago,

"Like to add on to that,is it not possible to update the home page slightly so you can see where to post your topic?

I think most people have their screen setting on say 1024 x 768 pixels resolution and if you don't scroll down the page you cannot see plumbing/electric etc section onward.I know we should know these thing but people end up putting electric or plumbing problems in the diy section as they think that the only one they can put the topic in.Maybe a message at top for electric/plumbing problems please scroll down to bottom or whatever."

I do understand but you are never going to win this one unless diynot change the whole website to see it all on the screen where to post.

I have e-mail Diynot.com with some idea last week and has not heard anything since.

I'm trying to help, like I say you're never going to win this one unless you think life is perfect !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
dietcoke said:
could it be that people dont read what is written?
moderator said:
(NO REGULARS PLEASE)
Don't know if you're having a pop at me, if so........
Did you read all the small print on your mortgage, loans, any contract, credit card and so on. Sorry to be this way but that's life ;)

I'm new to all this stuff, and posted my first forum entry today :D . It could help if there was an option (e.g. 'where would you like to post your message?') when you type in your question in the first place. Also, when I had a look on the FAQs, I couldn't find anything to help me move my question to the correct place (I DID try, honest!!!) P.S. Thanks to those of you who responded to my query ;) !

Ringading, thanks for that it really is appreciated :)

information: your post will appear in the forum in which you post it, yours have been fine thankyou

Masona:

thanks for your input, and (hopefully) plans are afoot to change things

any other new people have a view, it is appreciated

moderator said:
Ringading, thanks for that it really is appreciated :)

information: your post will appear in the forum in which you post it, yours have been fine thankyou

Masona:

thanks for your input, and (hopefully) plans are afoot to change things

any other new people have a view, it is appreciated

Errr... cough... I know I'm not new and you did ask for input from new people specifically but...

Wouldn't changing the forum heading to something like 'Other stuff' or similar not indicate to a new poster that it might not be the place to put their question?
'General DIY' initially appears to indicate a broad spectrum hence perhaps the postings?

Just trying to help. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back