1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

I Didn't Know That!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by securespark, 8 Apr 2021.

1. Smufter

Smufter

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I didn't realise that there was a wrong way to put a pint of milk back in the fridge until I married the missus.......
    :(:(:(

2. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oh most definitely! Do not put it side out if it will fit end out. The handle should be towards you.
    I have to admit, I have 'instructed' my wife and stepson that when taking a fresh bottle of milk from the main fridge, (we have 1 under the worktop in the kitchen and another large one in the front hall), to take the one nearest the door opening and then slide the others along to fill up the gap. Also, when re-stocking, they have to date check the new ones and put them in order. Do NOT randomly put them anywhere. :)

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There was an ill fated Sinclair business development of the Spectrum, which used 'floopy' storage - A narrow, endless tape system - like an audio 8 track. I cannot remember name or much of the details, but it had a better, full sized keyboard. The floopy worked much faster than audio tapes, because the system was designed for data, unlike the audio cassette.

I imported a floopy an S100 drive in those days and spent weeks designing and building an interface to mine and adapting the software interface. 8" floppy drives were 10x the cost and hard drives were the price of a decent new car.

Last edited: 9 Apr 2021
  5. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Very much still around, and PKzip. Handy for delivering software packages as one file, or zipping to add to an email.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. empip

empip

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Many still at it -
    '...Can This New Software Tool Remove Floppy Disks From Aircraft Data Loading?...'
    March 27, 2020 - Aviation Today.
    -p-