I disagree with einstein..

A US boffin has effectively put the mockers on Star Trek-style warp speed travel to the stars by warning that interstellar hydrogen gas would become deadly to humans as they approached the speed of light.

The hydrogen wouldn't be a problem....

everything inside the ship would be smeared all over the back walls by the acceleration. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A US boffin has effectively put the mockers on Star Trek-style warp speed travel to the stars by warning that interstellar hydrogen gas would become deadly to humans as they approached the speed of light.

everything inside the ship would be smeared all over the back walls by the acceleration. :LOL:

only in the Zonda USS Enterprise. Its the rate of acceleration thats does that, if you accelerate slowly enough , you'll be ok. Like in the Kia USS Enterprise.

how slowly do you have to accelerate to reach warp speed without being crushed, it could take years.

how slowly do you have to accelerate to reach warp speed without being crushed, it could take years.

Yes, absolutley. At 1G acceleration, ie 20 m/s^2, it woudl take years to reach 90% c .

Sponsored Links
You cannot accelerate beyond the speed of light. However, that does not mean you can't travel beyond the speed to light. Acceleration doesn't come into it, hence the term warp jump, whereby one instance you are sub light speed, the next the you are in "hyperspace" possibly feasible, but how, well........ if I knew that I wouldn't be posting banal comment on this web site.

how can interstellar space have hydrogen in it? it's a total vacuum is it not?
if it has hydrogen then it has pressure, however infinitesimal..

these attoms can be simply diverted round the ship by magnetising the hull.. after all they manage to bend the beam of the LHC into a giant ring by using magnets.. .

this is what they did for the first enterprise ( archers ) and the later models had deflector dishes

true, but the actual speed isn't a problem.
if you're standing on the equator then you're traveling at roughly 1037mph relative to somone standing at the rotational pole.

then there's the fact that both of you are hurtling through space at 66660 miles per hour relative to the sun, then god knows how fast our solar system is traveling relative to other star systems in our own galaxy, and then how fast our galaxy is traveling relative to others and the whole shebang is expanding outwards at god know what speed..

so at one point in the day you are traveling 2074mph slower ( relative to the speed of the earth round the sun, when you are going in the opposite direction ) than you are 12 hours later.. and that's if you're "standing still" on the spot..

how can interstellar space have hydrogen in it? it's a total vacuum is it not?
if it has hydrogen then it has pressure, however infinitesimal..

these attoms can be simply diverted round the ship by magnetising the hull.. after all they manage to bend the beam of the LHC into a giant ring by using magnets.. .

this is what they did for the first enterprise ( archers ) and the later models had deflector dishes

Space is a vacuum but it isnt empty. Interstellar space has about 10 hydrogens per cubic metre, which, at99.9 c , becomes significant. Your hull magnetisers wouldnt work at 99.9 c because the mass of the hydrogens atoms at that speed would be far greater than the mass of the ship, by several magnitudes. Oh and the LHC collider uses massive rare earth permanent magnets and massive electromagnets that require so much power you could run Geneva off it.

I love this science talk, and the bigger the source, the smaller the matter gets, and the more my head hurts! You think vast galaxies, vast dust clouds, but it comes down to atoms and neutrons, and the unexplained 'dark matter', that is what fills 'space', and everything. Dark matter explains ghosts, UFO's, knowing the phone is going to ring before it does, but nobody knows anything about it. Doesn't time freeze in a black hole? But will anyone find that out? Isn't time relative? The Gregorian Calander is man made, ineffective, as we need to add a day every 4 years, and add/remove an hour every year. Time goes slow when we are bored, goes quick when we do something we enjoy.

Scientists were quick to prove in the day to prove there is no God, and they knew all, and people died for that view, but find it very hard to prove Higgs Boson? or Gravity, but can manufacture new elements. I think scientists are playing God. So current calanders/clocks are incorrect to Earth time, so Time is Relative..to nothing.

I love this science talk, and the bigger the source, the smaller the matter gets, and the more my head hurts! You think vast galaxies, vast dust clouds, but it comes down to atoms and neutrons, and the unexplained 'dark matter', that is what fills 'space', and everything.
possibly........or not

Dark matter explains ghosts, UFO's, knowing the phone is going to ring before it does,
no evidence to suggest this at all, anywhere

but nobody knows anything about it.
we know enough to be able to postulate its existence

Doesn't time freeze in a black hole?
no, time stops at the Schwarzchild radius, what goes on beyond that is a guess

But will anyone find that out? Isn't time relative?
as demonstrated by Special Relativity

The Gregorian Calander is man made, ineffective,
untrue, its pretty good at keeping track of time on earth, which is all its relevant to

as we need to add a day every 4 years, and add/remove an hour every year.
even the earth itself varies the length of a year, so thi is hardly a criticism..........

Time goes slow when we are bored, goes quick when we do something we enjoy.

Scientists were quick to prove in the day to prove there is no God
dont think thats ever been done conclusively

, and they knew all, and people died for that view
i know of no scientist who died trying to prove God didnt exist. Are you a friend of Joe-90's ?

, but find it very hard to prove Higgs Boson?
thats why we built the LHC

or Gravity,

no, we can prove gravity exists quit easily, jumping off a tall building will provide you with conclusive proof
but can manufacture new elements. I think scientists are playing God. So current calanders/clocks are incorrect to Earth time
no, most current calendars and clocks pretty much tracking earth time reasonably accurately, apart from the ones that are broken, slow or stopped...........

, so Time is Relative..to nothing.

no time is relative to the rest of the universe from and observers point of view. Its also relative to your velocity.

Mickymoody said:
Doesn't time freeze in a black hole? But will anyone find that out?

No it doesn't. It only appears to freeze when viewed from outside, just as a clock here on Earth appears to run slow when viewed from the top of a high tower. Gravity does that. For any probe - or unlucky astronaut - that strays too far into a black hole, time carries on as usual until their atoms are crushed. :eek: :eek: :eek: It's only outside observers that will see them hovering indefinitely on the so-called event horizon.

You can't find out what happens beyond that point because your probe will be unable to relay any information back out. :( :( :(

You can't find out what happens beyond that point because your probe will be unable to relay any information back out. :( :( :(

The effects of infinite gravity also tend to hamper the probe as well......................

lmao @ lincs - pulling apart - line by line, a nonsensical post in response to 'Einstein was wrong'...

You should do comedy mate! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back