I disagree with einstein..

Lincsbodger said:
The effects of infinite gravity also tend to hamper the probe as well

The probe can still function after it passes the event horizon and an unlucky astronaut might not even notice that there's no way back out. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The first noticeable effect will be differential gravity. The force on the front of the probe will be slightly greater than that on the back. This effect increases as it approaches the hole centre until the thing is torn apart lengthways.

Sponsored Links
Lincsbodger said:

The probe can still function after it passes the event horizon and an unlucky astronaut might not even notice that there's no way back out. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The first noticeable effect will be differential gravity. The force on the front of the probe will be slightly greater than that on the back. This effect increases as it approaches the hole centre until the thing is torn apart lengthways.

Tidal disruption occurs way outside the event horizon, beyond the event horizon we have no idea what goes on inside. But once you cross, then falling into the singularity is inevitable...............

Lincsbodger said:

Tidal disruption occurs way outside the event horizon, beyond the event horizon we have no idea what goes on inside. But once you cross, then falling into the singularity is inevitable...............

Unless 2 black holes collide, then it's a bit like dropping a cat upside down with a piece of toast butter side up strapped to it's back. It's just stays in mid air spinning around in perpetual motion.

Why oh why do we not harness this as perpetual free emission free power generation I'll never know? instead of Sizewell B, we could have MogToast A.

Why oh why do we not harness this as perpetual free emission free power generation I'll never know? instead of Sizewell B, we could have MogToast A.

Or just go to Linconshire and get a true definition of a void.

Sponsored Links

Or just go to Linconshire and get a true definition of a void.

We burn southerners for warmth here. In this county 'bloodysoutherner' is one word.

Back