I don't believe it. Cig lighter energy saver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It says:-
Product Description
The fuel economizer is a break-through, patent-pending invention in fuel conservation. The fuel economizer will let you save on petrol just by plugging it into your cigarette lighter socket. Your petrol consumption will decrease by 10% to 30%. The fuel economizer is fitted with an electrolytic capacitor that connects to the cars main electrical system electronically. It acts like a small battery that helps your car's electrical system perform better. The capacitor then charges and discharges voltage when there is heavy demand from the alternator. Instead of the battery working overtime, the fuel economizer compensates the required voltage for devices such as lights, windscreen wipers, stereo, air conditioning and sat nav. Instead of the alternator and battery having to work overtime, the device supplements the required voltage to reduce the load on the electrical system from any accessory that is being used. The reduced electrical demand frees up energy that can be better used to deliver a more constant and steady supply of electricity to the spark plugs and ignition system. The result is a more efficient and complete combustion of petrol which will improve you gas mileage and produce cleaner emissions. This in turn WILL save you money. The blue LED will light up once the connection is made. This tells you that the fuel economizer is silently working.

I think there is no way this can work but Amazon I would think would get in trouble for false claims of this type. My car has 60A alternator that's 720W which is no where near 10% of engine output so even if it completely replaced alternator output could not save 10% of fuel. So how do they get away with such wild claims?

Picture is link.

Sponsored Links
are people that thick to think a silly capicitor that basicly replicates storing power like the battery can give out 2 to 10 hp for free :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fact

modern batteries do not work hard except on starting and when the alternator circuit has a problem with output

95 percent off journey time you dont need a battery but it helps smooth out the alternator voltage

So how do they get away with such wild claims?
Simple - it takes ages for complaints to get investigated and adjudicated, and all that happens at the end is that they get told to stop.

And talking of complaints, you've moaned here, but have you made a formal complaint to the ASA or TSO or whoever has jurisdiction?

Thought not. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Even if the capacitor is constructed from oxygen free 100% pure copper and gold plated everywhere the claim is still a bit too much to believe in.

Of course having bought one of these there will be less cash in your wallet to spend on petrol so it might reduce your petrol consumption that way.

Even if the capacitor is constructed from oxygen free 100% pure copper and gold plated everywhere the claim is still a bit too much to believe in.

Oh darn, you mean it's not even going to improve the sound from the car radio either? :mrgreen:

No it won't improve the audio. Sorry.....

I have posted a scientific comment to Amazon. Forgot to mention that electrolyte capacitors can sometimes explode if they are subjected to electrical abuse. Or they squirt out a jet of very hot electrolyte vapour if they have a rupturable safety vent. Not nice to have that in the car.

A SuperSuperVisory plug that plugged into any socket in any house will instantly upgrade the whole electrical system to be totally compliant with all the latest regulations. It will have a USB connection so it can be connected to the internet via a PC to have its data base of regulations up-dated each month.

I must get that patented.......

Maybe I should see if my wireless mains socket is worth patenting?

Very handy for those places that you need mains but have not got a wire going to.

Plus it is fully compliant with regulations in over 65 countries.

I would provide more details, but patent pending you understand.

Martin

Maybe I should see if my wireless mains socket is worth patenting?

Very handy for those places that you need mains but have not got a wire going to.

Plus it is fully compliant with regulations in over 65 countries.

I would provide more details, but patent pending you understand.

Martin
Do a goggle for wireless electric sockets and you will find thousands. For example nothing new read here about Nikola Tesla who it is claimed build a wireless electric car!

A SuperSuperVisory plug that plugged into any socket in any house will instantly upgrade the whole electrical system to be totally compliant with all the latest regulations. It will have a USB connection so it can be connected to the internet via a PC to have its data base of regulations up-dated each month.

I must get that patented.......
And not forgetting, opto isolators - gotta keep things safe. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back