Energy saving devices

Sponsored Links
"Reduce electricity costs by up to 22%"

"Up to?"
I suppose that inclides 0.0000001% and even 0.00000%?

are you commenting on my incorrect spelling of "includes"?

Or do you not agree that "up to 22" includes all numbers less or equal to 22?

I guarantee that if you send me £1 you will receive a free gift worth up to one million pounds.

Sponsored Links
I guarantee that if you send me £1 you will receive a free gift worth up to one million pounds.
Even better - if you send me £1,000 I guarantee to send you the winning number for the next National Lottery draw.

i might just buy one, as i have these new meters in my house that tell me exactly how much power im using, i will be able to see straight away if the KW goes up or down. I really can not see it working, but you never know.

The last discussion I followed about these devices, apparently among electricians, fell apart over a disagreement whether domestic consumers bought electricity in watts, or in VA, and therefore whether power factor correction actually affected the bill.

Personally, I have no idea of the answer.

As far as i know domestic customers buy lekky in KWH.
Commercial customers (usually larger industrial ones) can buy in KVA - this is where power factor correction can save you £££.

As far as i know domestic customers buy lekky in KWH.
Commercial customers (usually larger industrial ones) can buy in KVA - this is where power factor correction can save you £££.

Agreed, I think this was the decision we came to last time as well. I doubt one of these miracle power savers would help much even if you were billed in kVA, as you'd likely be on a large site using lots of power and therefore require much larger PFC capacitors. We are, of course, assuming these devices do actually perform PFC at all!

either my previous meter, or the current one, is marked "Watt/Hour Meter"

now we fitted one of these power perfectors earlier this year. the building was council office and it seems that it reduces the voltage and saves money. Its apparantly legit and our company discused(sp) it with NIC. But when we plug our loop meter in we get a voltages lower that allowed. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back