Energy saving devices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen these energy saving devices for sales for ~£20 on the internet. Question is do they actually work?

Item Description

Introducing the state-of-the-art Energy Saver... a revolutionary plug-in device that saves 5 to 30% of your electricity consumption. Simply plug in and start saving up to 30%.

Features

* Stabilises the supply voltage
* Saves money each month
* Reduces 5% to 30% of electricity consumption
* Easy to use – just plug it in
* Maintenance free, no wiring required
* Reduces electricity waste
* Reduces waveform distortion and improves harmonies
* One unit enough for the entire household electric load
* European compliance – CE certificate
* Money back guarantee

Sponsored Links
Sounds like tosh to me.
Could be Power Factor correction but unlikely if just a plug in.

Where's the URL, lets have a look............

Sponsored Links
Does anyone want to buy shares in Bearings Bank whilst we're at it?

i think you will find they do work, when men in white coats in labs say they do.

I think these can be likend to the magnets that save fuel (petrol or diesel) some say they work, some say they dont.

if they worked, the goverment ( who ever it is that gives you free stuff to save c0) would give them you like they give you the energy saving bulbs. infact i guess they would be fitted as standard on this new energy usage test on houses we have now.

Thinking about it, if you have a paypal account i can send you a gadget that really works! and i guarranty you will reduce you electric by half! Just 10 pounds if you want it ??

lol, that would cut your bill by 100%, As we are a big family on here i will tell you for free, For your 10 pounds you will be supplied a organic grown 6" long carrot. ( for better night vision ) You also have to remove all your light bulbs to reduce the magnetic field that will confuse your meter and actually now make your meter run backwards for one week every month, How good is that? all for a tenner!

bet some plonker would give me tenner for that on ebay!

Yes but that wasn't in Barncliff's OP.
I was just guessing but so its got a cap hung across its pins but it cant be big enough to do much, if anything. We both know how big a PF correction unit can be, even for a house...

surely it only works on things with an electric motor, like fridges, freezers and vacuum cleaners? No use on resistive loads like heating, cooking or light bulbs.

if this thing works, why dont the things like fridges etc have them built in to get them into the A efficent grade rather than be sat down at d-e grade? Then they could charge alot more for the A-grade

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back