I drilled a cable

Sponsored Links
Good grief! Though I did see one once wired in 19/.044 fed from a 60A switch fuse, plenty big enough to supply the single oven connected to it.

Mine was wired in 16mm - not many cooker switches will take that and even fewer (ie none I can find) will take it and a further cable for looping out the supply side to a separate hob and oven.

Search eBay for PRW217 (and PRW218), and you'll find the solution to this particular problem

Mine was wired in 16mm - not many cooker switches will take that and even fewer (ie none I can find) will take it and a further cable for looping out the supply side to a separate hob and oven.
Search eBay for PRW217 (and PRW218), and you'll find the solution to this particular problem

They work well to split the load side, behind the oven (and I already have one where required). They don't work where I have 16mm coming into a double flush box which will have an isolator on it for the local oven, and need to take a supply out to a distant isolator for another oven. All in 3/8" imperial steel conduit (including diagonal section).

60A choc block is the best I have come up with so far, but even that's tight. Might smash the terminals out of a henley box and heat-shrink!

Sponsored Links
Let the cable out of the wall above the wall unit & extend with a JB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back