I drilled through the Junction box, it tripped the fuse box. Now what???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have dug a small hole and cannot tell if a wire has been hit however when drilling my drill did spark and shut off as well as the switch for the boiler switched off.
I turned them both back on via the fuse box.
Not every switch was tripped just two and not the main big red one.

I can see the metal plate which is the junction box and it has a hole in it but i cannot see wires
in the hole just looks grey/black but i think this may be from the drill drilling metal it was hammer drill with masonry bit

Is this dangerous?
Have i drilled a wire likely?

I cannot call an electrician now its to late if i have to i will tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
If you have drilled into something, and it has sparked and something has tripped then you have caused a fault.
It needs fixing. If you have turned it on again then it may be dangerous as bare, live conductors may now be exposed.

Needs fixing properly.

Where is this box hidden/burried? The breakers operated and in doing so saved you getting an electric shock so whatever is in this box will be live (and thus dangerous) again once you flip the switch back. If it wont go back, that'll be becuase there is standing fault. It needs repairing either way. You must be vary careful when drilling into something when you don't know what is beyond the surface. By "be very careful" I mean do something to be pro-active about proving what lurks beyond

Nozzle

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back