I found out my electrician was not NICEIC registered??

Sponsored Links
That work really is awful - I'm intrigued, in picture 6, why does there appear to be a socket fitted to the back of an external door?!

That door was due to be blocked and my firdge was going to go there so he put the cables there ready for when I eventually did get the door way blocked up, apparently the door should have been blocked up first.
No comment. Never seen work like it outside of cowboy builder tv programs.

Saw a TV programme years ago showing the exploits of a cowboy plumber who'd run CH pipes across a doorway.

Ye, also, If the house was bare like that when he was doing the job (Plaster off, floors clear) then it's even more rediculous that he could not put the effort in and do it properly.

In fact It seems a bit rediculous that he did not reccomend rewiring the lot from the start.

I wish half of my jobs were as easy to get at as yours looks.

Sponsored Links
Sums up the problem with NVQs etc it is simply not enough. Even I could have done better in fact even my dad could! (He can just about wire a plug).

I know this is an old threat but only just seen it :).

I am a bit staggered quite frankly.

Sums up the problem with NVQs etc it is simply not enough. Even I could have done better in fact even my dad could! (He can just about wire a plug).

I know this is an old threat but only just seen it :).

I am a bit staggered quite frankly.

It is the shear lazyness and low standards of the person doing the work - nothing at all to do with the NVQ.

No updates yet will have one in a months time, so will update everyone then!!! It's a long waiting game and i'll be glad when it's all over

awful work.

It cant be a very pleasant experience going though this process. I wish you the best of luck.

You'll be surprised that even people with the right qualifications are not necessarily up to the job.

My company have just had to side step an approved electrician that was just not up to the job and was quite simply a liability. Some people simply don't understand and take seriously the risks associated with electrics. He is now an inspector assessing risks (not electrical thank god) :eek:

NVQ = Not Very Qualified.

awful work.

It cant be a very pleasant experience going though this process. I wish you the best of luck.

You'll be surprised that even people with the right qualifications are not necessarily up to the job.

My company have just had to side step an approved electrician that was just not up to the job and was quite simply a liability. Some people simply don't understand and take seriously the risks associated with electrics. He is now an inspector assessing risks (not electrical thank god) :eek:

NVQ = Not Very Qualified.

you mean that this electrician could not assess electrical risks which were part of the job, yet your company feel that he would be good at assessing other risks. :confused:

It's called the 'Peter principle' (do a google) it means in any badly run organisation (like a lot of uk companies :LOL: ) everybody gets promoted to their level of incompetence.

lets hope this electrician/inspector does not have to assess risks for more competent people or he/she will keep on moving up the ladder in respect to the "peter principle". he/she could end up running the whole show!!!
:LOL:

you mean that this electrician
"approved electrician"

you mean that this electrician could not assess electrical risks which were part of the job, yet your company feel that he would be good at assessing other risks. :confused:

I take your point. I am not 100% sure of the specific risks but may be the magnitude of the hazards are reduced in comparison to electrics.

hence the
not electrical thank god :eek:

The main point is that he is out of my hair now

you mean that this electrician
"approved electrician"

I take your point. I am not 100% sure of the specific risks but may be the magnitude of the hazards are reduced in comparison to electrics.

hence the
not electrical thank god :eek:

The main point is that he is out of my hair now
fair point
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back