I haven't panic bought, have you ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every night the shelves get filled again , it's only the totally selfish idiots that are causing this problem and it's right across the age spectrum.

Sponsored Links
Actively trying to buy less but shopping daily.

I could lose a few lb, I'm still a couple of kg up on last year.

No, we haven't, but we have two kids, so can't let them starve.

I however could do with the "every next day on tap water alone" diet:unsure:

Sponsored Links
I'm hearing story after story about horrible, selfish and obnoxious behaviour in our local supermarkets, it really is bringing out the worst in people.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...il&utm_term=0_6c9c2fcf0b-d561046aba-244228669

ANYONE who does not live in a detached house will be barred from shopping in Waitrose during the coronavirus crisis.

As the pandemic continues to disrupt shopping, the supermarket has introduced restrictions to ensure only ‘their kind of people’ stockpile its overpriced items.

Waitrose & Partners director Denys Finch Hatton said: “Until now we’ve been incredibly generous by letting the riff-raff browse our shelves, fondle our locally-sourced produce and drink from our KeepCups. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

“We’re slamming the door on the hoi polloi who don’t live in standalone domiciles. It’s not like the plebs in their terraced shoeboxes appreciate our vermicelli nests anyway.

“Shoppers will need to present mortgage documents, floor plans and photographs of their home interiors before being allowed to shop. If we don’t like the sound of your postcode we’ll happily turn you away.”

Aspirational semi-detached homeowner Emma Bradford said: “Where am I meant to get my ridiculously expensive lardons from now?”

After 3 days of shopping at tesco & sains - and getting nothing with the shelves completely bare - I got up early and went to a M&S store, and then to Waitrose in Woodford. Both had food - no eggs, spuds, pasta, normal stuff, but finally managed to stock up dad in law's freezer with TV dinners and grab a few fresh bits of veg for ourselves too. Bought 10 TV dinners to last him, as well as a pork joint, so I guess that is stock piling? To be honest, I no longer care. The idiots stripping the shelves bare have forced normal, considerate people to be a little bit cautious and my dad in law is 90.

I have heard rumours that some supermarts are having early opening for the benefit of the elderly or disabled.

None in my district.

I have been trying to get some bread for a blue-badged pensioner with a terminal illness for several days.

I don't know how they would identify people needing this help. Most of the pensioners round here are better off than the working folk.

I had an email from tesco last night - they're doing an hr opening between 9 and 10am (I think) for the elderly. Mon, Weds and Fridays. Don't know if you've a tesco local John?
Sorry about the bread - same around here.

Now might be a good time to root out and knock the dust off all those bread making machines.:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back