I know I should know this but can some one clarify for me...

Cheers Rocky

So if I was to do this instead

when the switch is turned on, the light will come on and then the PIR will turn it off?

or should the switched live go to the linked part.

I'm getting really fuzzy minded again now

Thanks for your advice mate

Sponsored Links
That will also still stay on if the switch is left on,

if you want to keep the switch in line ,
L from rose to sensor L , output from sensor L1 to switch, via joint in the rose if easier, then switchline back to lamp .
Or preferably I would go to the switch prior to the sensor, I do not know how the sensor works , regarding power up.
Adam seems to know the one, and seems ok that way though.
However the light will only work via sensor if switch is left on permanent
Which is why the switch usually goes or is a key switch for maintenance use only.

Rocky, you're a top man

So to keep life nice and simple the easiest thing to do is this

Just disconnect the switch at the rose and connect as in the diagram above :)

Your help is much much appreciated

That is how most people do it, whether it is right or wrong I dont know.
Problem as stated before, you cannot isolate the fitting to change a lamp.

If you keep the switch in before the sensor you can isolate the fitting, but if it is left off then the sensor dont work.

In commercial if you need to turn the light off quick due to say a leak. You have to hunt for the mcb as the switches are all bypassed by the sensors these days.

Sponsored Links
I see your point.

I will go with switch disconnected.

Knowing the misses she will only start turning the switch off!!!! Once these are in!!!

Really appreciate your advice Rocky, there are pluses and minuses to all of them.

Me thinking wallet, so the last is the way :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back