I need legal advice re dodgy land lord + boiler

It was a house not a tenement.
Front door was a standard wooden frame with upper portion consisting of 2 glass vertical panels and lower section 1 plywood panel. If access was needed in emergency, (or indeed by a thief who fancied trying his luck), then it was easy enough to smash a glass panel, (even though it was 6mm safety glass), and by putting a hand through simply unlocking the yale lock.

Sponsored Links
It was a house not a tenement.
Front door was a standard wooden frame with upper portion consisting of 2 glass vertical panels and lower section 1 plywood panel. If access was needed in emergency, (or indeed by a thief who fancied trying his luck), then it was easy enough to smash a glass panel, (even though it was 6mm safety glass), and by putting a hand through simply unlocking the yale lock.
I hear what you are saying, but I'd check since the dibble may be wrong in what they advised.

Not an issue in her case anymore as she has moved to a better property with what appears to be a better letting agency. No direct contact with landlord and the one problem she did have when she moved in, (a cracked double glazing cell), was replaced the following day by a reputable company.

Not an issue in her case anymore as she has moved to a better property with what appears to be a better letting agency. No direct contact with landlord and the one problem she did have when she moved in, (a cracked double glazing cell), was replaced the following day by a reputable company.
That's the joy of renting via an agency, and the irritation of renting a property via an agency :evil:

Sponsored Links
@alarm I done my best to answer your questions. If there is anything else you want to know or need me to expand on anything, just ask.

Told you, he has had chances. Inform him the childs health is at risk and your getting someone in to do the work and the bill is coming off the rent.

That's what we wanted to do but legally can we do that? We mentioned it previopusly and ll said no as its not agreed.

How many times have they tried to fix the problem?
Have you got heat and hot water?

I believe its 4 times now. We do but the boiler keeps cutting out and pressure shoots up and up

Well in that case it is working and you have been told that there is a release valve.

So paying for it and claiming back will probably fail.
Although inconvenient you have hot water and heating.

Yes although unreliable and potentially dangerous. I.e. Not working how it should. It has shut off completely before for a week who's to say it won't do it again or die completely

Sponsored Links
Back